Sixteen

A couple of months has passed since then, Baekhyun has becomes one of the closest person that I've known after him. He rested his chin on the table, watching the current tv show with no passion or excitement, staring at it with his bored face.

"Ramen, again?" He asked, seeing me putting down a cup of ramen on the table, right before his face. I sit down on the ground across from him, clicking my tongue as I do so. "Ramen is the best!"

"But you know it's not healthy."

"Then, wait until Taehyung comes home and cook." I took a bite of the hot spicy ramen of mine, the spiciness can be taste on my lips and tongue. My hand quickly grab for the milk in front of me and took a gulp from it. "Aigoo, look at you, can't even handle spicy food yet you're still eating them."

The peaceful morning, the living room filled with the sounds coming from the tv itself, and our voices that echoed through the room calm me down. It's relaxing, and feel comfortable. Baekhyun helped me through those harsh times, and together with me even during those easy times.

I feel better now, after all those mess was solved.

-----

Couple of months ago.

The class was still in its usual state. Noisy, bright. The students are talking to each other, some of the boys were throwing paper ball at each other, some were running at the corridor, even though the teachers obviously told us not to.

Some are alone, reading their books, avoiding from getting themselves involve into such things. Nayeon talked to me about various type of things, keeping the conversation going. Jackson and Baekhyun have a nice talk, into their own world, avoiding all the noises from around them. 

"So, is Carla still disturbing you?" Nayeon asked out of nowhere, her face showed that she's serious when she asked me that question. I took a sharp breath and nodded my head. "Probably because she's unsatisfied with you, yet." Nayeon looked away, resting his face on her palm.

The voices from my fellow classmate died down when the door was opened harshly, a mad figure rushed inside our class. Her chest heaved up and down in anger. Scanning the class with her hawk eyes, making eye contact with everyone in the classroom, searching for its prey. She stopped when her eyes landed on Nayeon and I.

"You crazy woman." She mumbled angrily under her breath. Cursing as she headed towards our way, her anger didn't cool down even a bit, it happened the other way around as her anger rise as she saw our face.  She stopped right before us, right before me.

"Stand up." She ordered me, her eyes piercing through mine. "I said stand up!" She shouted, her voice boomed the whole class, sending cold shivers down my spine. As well as the others who were looking at this. "Yah! You crazy--!" Nayeon wanted to fight back but I held her hand, shook my head and stand up.

I looked at her, her cheeks were red, her breathing was unstable, her hands shivered from the anger she was feeling. "Do you have something to say to me?" I asked, trying to be polite, thinking that acting the same as her would make me looked like her as well.

She didn't reply my question with words. Instead, she sent her hand towards my face, gave me a slap right on my left cheek. A hard one at that. The whole class gasped, frozen at the action she did towards me. I was speechless at that, all I can do was to looked at her in surprised.

"Carla Kim--!" Baekhyun stood on his feet, trying to stopped her from whatever she was doing but was stopped when she said, "Don't interfere my way, Byun Baekhyun."

She turned her gaze back at me, who was still standing there hopelessly. Nayeon got on her feet and stand between the two of us, her face showed how angry she was when seeing her best friend was slapped right in front of her own eyes.