Twelve

Three days has passed since that day where we visited her at the hospital. She didn't attend school for those three days, at all.

She didn't call me, or Taehyung, or even Nayeon and Jackson. She's like shutting herself in that ward. Maybe she's suffering alone in that room. I visited her, and every time I did, she's asleep. I always left without saying anything to her. Maybe she's faking her sleep, maybe because she doesn't want to talk.

I walked out of my house, putting my hands inside the pocket of my coat, I exhaled as I can see my breath coming out of my mouth. "Why is it so cold even though it's not winter?" I complained under my breath. I walked by her house; Hana's house and stopped a while to look at it.

Thinking that she might not be home and might already left to the hospital, I proceed walking without calling out for her, or throwing tiny stones at her window. Finally reached the school ground, I could hear the voices of the students here, laughing, and talking. Some of them are running around like kids, some are behaving like a grown-up.

I walked towards my class, looking straight ahead without bothering to look around me. "Wah! It's Byun Baekhyun!" I heard someone said, trying to whisper to her friend but failed. "Isn't he handsome?" Her other friend whispered back.

I started to heard whispers about me, about them complicating how handsome I look, or how they think that it's a dream that I'm walking near them. I silently sighed. "Byun Baekhyun!" I heard someone shouted my name from behind. I stopped and turned around, and saw Nayeon and Jackson walking towards me. Nayeon waved her hand in the air, as if I can't see well.

"Good morning!" She greeted me, followed by Jackson. "You're so noisy. Even in the early morning." I stated and walked. "Yah! Who cares if I'm noisy." She said, making both Jackson and I stopped in our track and looked at her. "We do."

Nayeon clicked her tongue, "Whatever." She said before smiling at us, walking towards our class.

"She's being extra noisy, not like she wants to, she's trying to hide her worries about that day." Jackson mumbled to me, looking at Nayeon's petite back. I nodded. It's understandable, she might still having this mental breakdown even after three days has passed.

Nayeon slide the door opened and let herself in, a smile in her face as a mask and walked to her seat. Jackson patted my shoulder and went to his seat, which is next to her. I slowly walked towards my seat, putting the bag on the table, I buried my face on it.

"Do you think he's sleeping?" I heard someone whisper to who knows who, I don't even feel like lifting my head to know. After few exchange whispers between the friends, someone approached me and sit next to me, the empty seat which is suppose to be Hana's.

"Baekhyun." She called out to me. I remained silent. I don't feel like talking to anyone. "Byun Baekhyun." Her high pitched voice entered my ears, making me irritated somehow. "Are you sleeping?" I continue to ignore her, closing my eyes tight.

"Come on, wake up. We're bored. Let's talk!"

I took a deep breath. "If you're bored then take a book and spend your time reading." I replied, nonchalantly. In my head, I keep repeating how these girls are so irritating. Don't drag me with you just because you're bored, I thought.

"Eing~ Come on, talk with us. We don't like reading books, what's the point anyway?" I took another deep breath. They really can be extreme irritating. I lifted my head from my bag, and looked at the girls who are disturbing my day. She even made an aegyo that isn't my type. I can do a better aegyo.

But when I looked at the four girls standing near my table, including the one that sits next to me, I found them somewhat familiar. Then I recalled, they are the one who punched Hana so badly behind the school building. I tried to keep it shut and acted like I don't know them.