Twenty

Few years ago.

Everyone has one person that comes into their life and you will ended up loving them. Everyone do. And I am not an exception. I admit my feeling, that I love upon someone. Those feeling grow day by day without you noticed. And the person I love upon is someone no one could expect, or the other way around. Everyone believe that is it fate. And so do I.

"I'm here to send my gratitude." I stated boldly at the figure standing in front of me. He stopped in his track as he slowly turned to look at me. His face obviously showed that he didn't believed whatever he heard of few seconds ago.

He was standing there frozen, looking at me with amusingly shocked face. "That's right. I'm here to give my gratitude." I smile widely. A smile slowly plastered across his face. "Why would you?"

I raised one of my eyebrows, "Can't I?"

He sits on his chair and smile, "Go on." He said.

"Let's go on a date."

He looks at me like I am insane. "Date?"

I nodded my head. "Can't we?" He chuckled at my boldness. "Since I can already leave hospital tomorrow, why don't we go on a date today?"

"Don't you know I'm a busy man?" I looked up, pretending to be thinking. "But I've checked your schedule, mister. You are quite free today, no?" His smile grow wider hearing my statement. "Such a stalker."

"Whatever. You're coming or no?"

---

"Well, where are we going?" He asked as he fasten his seatbelt. I raised my eyebrow at him, "Don't you know that simple thing?"

"I'm not a mind reader, lady." He crossed his arms as he leaned back. "Your brain must be only occupied with medical things," I nodded. "Amusement park we go!" I clapped my hands happily and cheered. He laughed as he drives away.

"To tell you the truth, I am not good with fast objects." He confessed to me. I crossed my arms and tapped my foot on the ground. We are standing inside of the amusement park, people surrounded us and happy laughter could be heard from everywhere. "Then, do you mean something like roller coaster?"

He looked away as he nodded his head slowly. "I see," I heaved a sigh. "Then we're going to ride roller coaster now." I said, walking away as I smirked. He chased me from behind, calling me crazy and such but I'm determined to ride a roller coaster. It's time to see he screams.

"You crazy woman!" He shouted, holding the back of the bench as he is trying to catch his breath. I crossed my legs and take a sip from the cold water in the bottle I'm holding. "Mister, seeing you like this amused me, honestly." I laughed. He sits next to me as he wiped his forehead. "Satisfied now? What kind of date is this?" He mumbled.

"It's fun, don't you like the date?" He sends me glare when I asked that, making me laughed even louder. "Finally I could wash your cool face that you wear during in the hospital off here." I smile.

He looked over his silver metal watch on his wrist before looking at me. "I have shift at night. And I need to go to hospital now."

"Then before you go," I stand up and points at the Ferris wheel. "Let's ride that one."

----

We are sitting in the Ferris wheel as it slowly reaches the sky and let us see the view of the city. "The view is nice." He said, amazed by how tiny the cars and buildings are. "Mister Kim Seokjin," I called his name. He turned his gaze back on me and remains silent, showing me that I should continue talking.

"For all your care and all those head hitting you gave me during when I was in the hospital, I want to thank you," I bowed. "Thank you for taking a good care of me every day and thank you for cheering me and talked to me whenever I feel lonely."

He didn't say anything. "Seeing you thanking me like this is awkward." He stated. "You're welcome." He said after a few minutes of silence. I raised my head back and looked at him who's sitting in front of me. His light blue button down shirt shines bright when the sun rays hit it, probably brighter than my future.

His dark brown eyes are looking into mine, and I am captivated by it. "I am not done." I said as I took a deep breath and exhaled. "Doctor Kim Seokjin,"

"I like you. Can you be my boyfriend?"

People might think that I'm a psycho for loving someone who is older than me, and even a respectable person at that. He remains quiet, looking at me with an empty expression. I couldn't read his facial expression and this is the first time I failed in reading people's expression. The time feels like it has freeze, my surrounding feels slow along with us.

---

"Make sure you reach home safe." He handed me a hot cup of coffee. Knowing that I shouldn't take too much caffeine, despite that, he still bought me one. "Congratulations for leaving the hospital." He said as he smile. He walked away after that without any other words.

The scene replayed again in my head. Again, and again.

"I like you. Can you be my boyfriend?"

He remained silent. It does feel weird when I was the first one to confessed like that. But I remind myself, it's now or never. I keep telling myself that I don't want to live my life with regrets.

"Hana Kim," He called my name under his breath. He took a deep breath, "I only see you as my patient. And nothing more than that. I am sorry." He bowed his head. I chuckled a bit before laughing it off. "What are you sorry for?" I asked, he slowly raised his head and looked at me. "At least I finally can leave the hospital with no regret."

Saying that I leave the place without any regret slightly has a lie in it. I do feel at ease that I finally was able to confess. But something made me think that I still have my regret lingering somewhere in my soul. And unable to figure it out, my tears slowly rolled down my cheeks. I am so frustrated that I can't catch what is that I'm regret of, and probably that being rejected is hard. My emotions stirred together, like a magic potion has gone wrong.

Then I realised, 'ah, a successful adult like him won't look at someone like me.' And that saddens me more. Giving me the unnecessary sadness.

And that is how our meeting ends. A bad separation it is. 

---

A/N: Short update! Anyway I'm so addicted to the drama doctors now idk stop me everyone before I go running and pulling doctor's white coat. Pft, just kidding xD But really, I'm addicted to it help me ;-; Ah yeah, here's a little sneak peek to her past /wiggle eyebrows/ kkk, byeeee~