Thirteen

"Hana! Are you coming with us to eat?" Nayeon rested her hands on the table and her chin on the front hand of hers. I smile while packing my things into my bag, "I have to visit my mom again today." I said. "Sorry, Nayeon-ah."

Nayeon lifted her head, her mouth opened and talked after she struggling on what to say. "A-ah. I see. Then, don't forget to eat when you're visiting your mother."

"Taehyung will be there. Don't worry." I smile at her. Swinging my bag on my shoulder, I waved her goodbye before I leave. "You're not following us?" Someone said right after I walked out of the classroom. I turned to my left to see Baekhyun, looking at me. "Don't tell me you've been standing there the whole time?"

He says nothing. He walked towards me and wrapped a scarf around my neck. "You did this again." I said.

"Don't catch cold and don't forget to eat." He said, looking at me on the eyes. I nodded. "I will."

---

I left the school and now I'm walking towards my mom's ward. Slowly decreasing the speed of my walking, I finally stopped in front of the door, slowly grabbing the door handle, I slide the door and let myself in. My mom is still there, sleeping, a slight ray of sunlight entered her room through her window.

I silently walked towards the bed side and pulled a chair and sit. "How are you, mom?" I asked. Of course she won't answer my question. But I still keep on talking to her, hoping that she would heard me somehow. "Look at you, I told you not to overwork yourself, right?"

"Please wake up soon, mom." I hold her hand tight and kiss it. "I miss you."

---

Hana walked to school like usual, keeping her head low and look at the ground while walking. Baekhyun saw her walking from afar, and he runs just to catch up to her. "Hana!" He smiled at her, brightly. Like a child.

Hana looked at him, shocked by the sudden surprise. She hit him on the arm and glare at him. "Good morning." She said, smiling a bit before facing front again. "So, how are you?" Baekhyun asked after he hesitated for a few minutes, his eyes never look at the same place. "What do you mean how I am? Of course I'm fine." She said, her face didn't show any expression.

No anger, no sadness. Just emptiness. Baekhyun knew that she don't know how to feel anymore. She's confused.

He just simply nodded at her answer. He wants to start another conversation, but failed. Both of them are confused, don't know what they should be talking about. When he thought that the silence between them is calming, he started to heard whispers around them. He furrowed his eyebrows, trying to sharpen his hearing to listen to those lingering whispers.

Hana heard those whispers too. And she heard them clearly, faster than Baekhyun. She hangs her head low, her eyes are wide open. She took a deep breath and trying to calm her emotions. It's stirred around. Her emotions.

Baekhyun listen quietly and carefully about those whispers, then he heard them. He heard those whispers that surrounded them. More like surrounded Hana.

He looked over at Hana who stopped in her track, her eyes glued on the ground. He started to panic, telling his mind to work fast to find a way out of the place.

"She must be scared.", "Poor her."

Even though they said only a bit, both Baekhyun and Hana knows what they are talking about. When Baekhyun finally find a way to escape that atmosphere, the girl from before, Carla Kim, step up to them and stand in front of them.

"Oh, hi." She smile at Baekhyun, then slowly she moves her sight to Hana who's standing still, her eyes still on the ground. "Ah, I must have block your way. Sorry." She said to Hana who never lift her head to look at her. "Ah, Good Morning oppa!" She smile at Baekhyun, innocently.