Five.

I get up like usual, get ready for school and eat my breakfast. Except that, today I'm eating my breakfast alone. Mom got up earlier and already went for work. I noticed that once I went downstairs, her usual black high heels is not on the shoe rack. Showing me that she had gone to work.

Eating breakfast alone do feels lonely. But I'm used to it long ago, so it's not like I'm gonna complain about it. I did the washing since mom will be tired when she gets back home, and I don't want a single dish makes her tired more. Wearing my usual sneakers, I make sure everything is off. Scared that something unwanted to happen.

I twisted the doorknob and locked it with my key, stuffing it into my blazer's pocket. "Good morning." I heard someone said when i turned around to walk out of my house. I saw Baekhyun is his school uniform, black bag hung on his back and smile at me. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked him in puzzled as I walked towards him. "Good weather, hm?" He said, now back to his frown. But I'm kinda glad that the first he did when he saw me was smile. Or I just have to handle my whole day remembering his frown, in the early morning.

"Changing topic? I asked what are you doing?" I look at the black and a bit grey road. The neighbourhood is quiet even it's morning. Most of them spend their time at home, or some of them already went to work. Kids and teenagers might already off to school, leaving the adults like housewives in the house.

But mine is empty, since it's only the two of us who lives there. And mom was too busy to even spend one day at home. "You told me to try again yesterday, remember? The friend request?" He said, checking his phone. I managed to take a glance at his phone, and I saw a social media that shares pictures globally. So, he's into those thing, I thought to myself.

"Ah yeah. You're hardworking." I said. I don't plan to praise him in any way, but I'm just saying what I think. I don't know if my thoughts is needed, but I don't want to waste my time thinking whether my thoughts is needed or not. Only sometimes, when the time where I have to think that my thoughts is needed or not.

"I take that as a compliment." He spoke, keeping him frown. I look at him, rather shocked. "I kind of have feelings that you're not complimenting me, but saying what crossed your mind." He fixed his hair, more like bed hair, into place. He keeps complaining how he hates bad hair day. And how he wish that good hair day always there.

Somehow I kind of agree with his words. For the first time, I agree with whatever this guy is saying. But then my thoughts was interrupted when I recalled his answer. He knew that I didn't plan to compliment him. I look at him, suspicious. Just staring at him and was found out a moment later.

"What?" is all that he said. I look away and let silence takes over. I don't know him yet, not knowing what to say. I'm not good at making conversation. And I don't want to give efforts in thinking of a topic to talk too.

People said that I'm arrogant. Well, i just let them say whatever they want that satisfy them. They won't listen to me even if I deny it anyway. And it's true that some part of me is too lazy to talk to strangers. And sometimes I'm grateful that I'm not force to socialized. They should think twice before forcing me to do something so ridiculous.

"You really don't open up to people easily, huh?" Baekhyun murmured under his breath. Disappointment can be heard in his voice, but his face didn't. He hides his expression pretty well, which is hard for me to do sometimes.

"But I'm here, right? So feel free to complain about anything?" He bend down to look at me, in the same eye level and smile. I didn't return the smile. Instead, I gave him a deep sigh. "I failed again." He said. "Be grateful that I talked to you, quiet guy."

I stopped. "But I realised that you're not that quiet. Maybe should I try calling you persistent guy?"

"Hm? But I like quiet guy more."