SOF Chapter 5

I put the pencil beside me. Done. The final exams are over. Finally. I smiling like crazy as I look ti my left. Patricia is still writing like a maniac in the last five minutes. Typical for her. Today's friday and Patricia and I are going to go out. Party like there's no tomorrow. I, for once, have a mission: The mission to get drunk and forget about him. It wasn't easy to concentrate on studying with him on my mind all the time. Anything but easy. At least that's over now.

We drive back to the apartment with Patricia's car, saying no word about the exam. Patricia rather discusses the importance of our outfits this evening. And for once, I pay attention. We get out of the car and I look for the keys in my purse.

"Maine, there's a package." Patricia says her eyes focussed on the floor.

I follow her glance and get greeted by a box. Weird. "Did you buy anything online?"

"No." Patricia answers, "Did you?"

"No." I say, picking up the package. It's lightweight.

"Perhaps from my parents." I say as I open the apartment door.

"Open it!" she demands as soon as we enter our apartment. She walks into the kitchen to get out the champagne bottle, to celebrate.

I open the package and look confused as I see a black cellphone. I open the card, which says in cursive: "I don't answer the phone, I get the feeling whenever I do that there will be someone on the other end."- Fred Couples.

"Apparently we love our cellphones but we hate everyone else's

"Apparently we love our cellphones but we hate everyone else's. Here's my favorite one to make up for your broken cell."

I look at the phone. An Iphone. Those kind of phones are expensive. I only had a simple phone so that II could be called in emergencies.  But  this. This thing can do anything. Check your emails, navigate you to some  places.

"He gives you a phone?" Patricia asks me confused.

I nodded, "Yes. My phone crashed to the ground yesterday. Totally wrecked."

"And he gives you a phone! AW. I bet it has his number already in it"

I shot a look at her, "of course it doesn't have  his number in it." I say and roll my eyes.

"You sure? Test it."

Sighing I switch on the phone and look at the address book. It does have his number. Under "Richard Christian Faulkerson Grey." That would be his full name. A name which totally suits the person. A name worth for him. "It does have his number in it." I say a little surprised. It's a different number than the one he gave  me on his business card. His private number. Why would he give me his private number? He rejected me! Not once, but twice! I don't understand him. I totally don't get him.

"I know you don't want to talk about him, Maine , but he likes you. He really likes  you."

The last couple of days I didn't spend second thinking of him. I mean, okay his brown eyes, which seem to change its intensity according to his mood, did follow me into my dreams and it would take a lot of time until I forget his arms around my waist and his smell. But why is he constantly pulling towards me, just so he can push me away again?