Breaking Point

>Audrey's POV<

"I think we were both just frustrated and I apologize." Normally I would be just barely listening to bullshit like this but since it was Liam, I was hanging onto every single word that left his perfect lips. His hand came up and touched my arm lightly. "I really do want to try to make this all work out. I want Delilah to be apart of my life." His eyes glistened and made him look sorry but I wasn't completely convinced. 

"Can we talk about this some other time, some other place?" I asked him, glancing at the side of the X Factor building and wrapping my arms around my waist as a gust of wind blew past us. 

"Yeah, how about coffee tomorrow night?" He asked. I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

"Coffee? At night?" I questioned, his lips widened into a grin. 

"How about ice cream?" I laughed again and nodded my head.

"Sounds great." We began walking back towards the entrance. The white vans that held the contestant's were just leaving and I smiled at the fact that my daughter was still in this. I couldn't even put into words how proud she makes me. 

"So 6 tomorrow night. I'll pick you up, just text me where you're staying." Liam said to me, while he grabbed my phone out of my hand and tapped in his number. He then smiled at me one last time and walked into the building ahead of me.

For the rest of the night, no matter how hard I tried, I could not get the smile off my face.

>Delilah's POV<

On the ride home, I tilted my head back against the seat and tried not to listen to the conversations around me. I tried to just focus my attention on other smaller noises like the other cars as they zoomed past us. I felt a tap on my shoulder and sat up. I looked for who tapped me but quickly noticed the entire van was staring at me.

"What's going on?" Matt, who was sitting beside me asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"Don't pretend like you don't know. Something is defanietly up." Megan said, sounding almost angry.

"It looks like you haven't slept in forever and you've been ignoring everyone all day." Logan, one of the guys still here said to me. I felt like they were all verbally attacking me.

"I'm fine. What could possiblly be wrong?" I knew what was wrong, but none of them would.

"Delilah, we're concerned is all." Shirley, who was a mother of 2, told me. 

"Thanks for your concern, but I can handle things by myself." I told them all and then leaned back against the seat and closed my eyes before anyone could say anything alse to me. I didn't need any other complications in my life at the moment. When we pulled up to the house it was 11:56. On live show days, everyone was super and usually went to bed super early, I would have to fight against that urge to hand in these papers. The sooner, I was out of this life, the better.

I wasted my time by hanging out in the music room. I fought the urge to sleep by drinking coffee and allowing my fingers to roll onto the keys of the piano. That was one thing I had learned in this competition, how to play the piano. I sang every single song that I could think of the notes to until I felt I could not keep my eyelids open any longer. I checked the clock and it said 1:34. Yawning, I exited the room, papers in hand. I stood at the bottom of the stairs and strained to hear any type of sound coming from upstairs but I heard none. So I crept out of the house and prepared myself for the long walk ahead.

I'm not sure how I got through the walk. Hard would be an understatement to describe it. I was more than just a little tired, I seriously almost passed out. My legs ached with every step I took considering I had no time to rest them from my walk yesterday throughout this crazy day. I kept my mind on one thing for the entire walk, how much I wanted this. I classified myself as a very determined person, when I wanted something, I usually got it. If you keep the mindset that you can do anything, I promise you can move mountains.