"Do you love her?"

>Noelle's POV<

"I fucking hate her." Delilah ranted as she paced back and forth before me. She flipped her extremely curly brown hair, which she inherited from Danielle, and stopped to look at me. She wanted my input, I knew she did but the problem is, I don't have a problem with Delilah. In fact, I think her and my brother are perfect together and I'm glad he found her.

"Delilah... She deserves a dad too. What has she done to irritate you so much?" Her brown eyes flew back and forth as she tried to search her brain for a response.

"She's done nothing to me personally-"

"Exactly!" I interjected. "She's a really sweet girl if you get to know her." My best friend sighed and hoped up onto the desk beside me. We were hanging out in my parents shared office room waiting for the morning practices to be over so that we could go to lunch.

"She's going to screw everything up." Delilah shook her head and stared straight ahead and for once she didn't have her usual cold, hard facial expression. Her body language was off as well. She almost looked defeated or scared, two emotions that I'd never seen on her. "What's going to happen?" There were tears in her eyes.

I tried to put myself in her shoes but then realized that I didn't need to. This whole Audrey and Delilah situation was going to change everything for everyone, including me. We were all a family and we all had to get through this together but how? How do you recover from something like this? How did all of this even happen in the first place?

"I'm not sure." I finally answered as I put an arm around my almost sister.

"But whatever does happen, you're not going to lose anyone." None of us were. The worst that might happen is either Delilah and her mom will stay or Delilah and her mom will leave.

I heard my ringtone and grabbed my phone from the desk we were sitting on.

"Hello?" I asked. I hadn't bothered to look at the ID.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I smiled to myself at the sound of Declan's voice.

"Nothing."

"Meet me by the stage." I heard the dial tone before I could even answer.

"What's wrong?" Delilah asked me.

"Declan wants me to meet him." I hoped down. "He sounded kind of upset." I left the room with a quick goodbye and headed down the hallways toward the stage.

>Declan's POV<

I stayed put on the stage staring out at the empty audience and just thought. This 'just thinking' is what had made me realize what I need to do. I had to do it fast too because soon everyone would be swarming around this building and heading for lunch. This was one conversation that I don't want anyone to hear.

"Hey. What's wrong?" I turned to voice beside me. Noelle was walking towards me.

When I was dating Delilah, I noticed Noelle. It had been during practice one week when Zayn had come in to help Liam out. Noelle had decided to come with and I just couldn't help but stare. She just had something about her that I thought I had fallen in love with. So I cheated on my girlfriend because whatever Noelle had that I was so attracted to, I wanted. I told myself over and over again that it had nothing to do with her incredible body or her defined cheekbones. Even as she's walking towards me now, I have to remind myself that I'm only attracted to her completely perfect face, her deep eyes, and her soft hair. When I was dating Delilah, I noticed Noelle for her beauty. But now that I'm dating Noelle, I notice every wonderful thing about Delilah's personality. And I feel like a fucking idiot.

Noelle hopped onto the stage beside me and stared at me, waiting for me to talk. When I didn't she sighed.

"I don't get it anymore. You called me here, but you can't even talk to me. When we hang out, you never say bye to me, you just kind of leave. You never text me anymore. And when I text you, you ignore me." I looked at her and waited because I knew from the look on her face that she wasn't done. "Do you remember the last time you kissed me?" I shook my head with the realization that I didn't.

"Last week." She informed me.

"Noelle?" I asked quickly before my courage escaped me. "I can't do this to you anymore." She remained passive.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm completely stringing you on, and it's not fair to you. The worst part is, you aren't even breaking up with me for it." I waited for her to say something, which she didn't. Her face never even changed expressions.

"Noelle, I don't think we're right for each other. I think we should end things now." We both just stared at each other for what seemed like forever. Still, her face never changed. Neither one of us moved but I stared into her deep brown eyes and watched them water.

"Who is she?" She finally asked as one tear finally trickled down we cheek. I didn't answer, because we both knew. She hopped off the stage and headed for the door without another word. I watched her. Halfway there, she stopped and turned around.

"Do you love her?" She asked. I took a minute or two to answer, because it was the same question I had been trying to ask myself. A million thoughts came to mind. I thought of the way Delilah walked and the way she talked. I thought of how she loves the face with the heart eye emoji and how she cries during every movie that she sees in the movie theaters. I thought of her voice when she sings and how I think it's the most beautiful sound I've ever heard. I remember the first time I saw her and how petrified she had looked with Megan. Then I remembered how we had kissed later that night and it had felt like I was on cloud nine. I thought of that horrible feeling I got in my stomach when I had sang to her but then she had sang to Roman. I thought of the feeling of complete regret I got when I looked at her face the second she had found out that I had cheated. I thought about what it meant to love someone.

Does my stomach twist into ways I didn't think possible every time I see her? Does it hurt to see her with Roman? Would I be willing to give up absolutely everything for her? Can I picture myself marrying her one day? Is she better than any other girl I had ever met?

Those were the questions that in my opinion would define my love to her. Some of them were really deep, but love's a deep emotion. I answered Noelle, who was waiting patiently, with the same word I had answered all of those questions with.

"Yes." Noelle rolled her eyes disbelieving and stormed off leaving me with a single thought.

I love her.

-----------Author's Note--------

.......................I am sooooo sorry!!!! I haven't updated in like a month and ugh! I'm sorry! I'm on vacation right now visiting my family and I didn't bring my laptop so I have to rely on my phone but as some of you probably know, the apps been messed up and keeps deleting stuff but they finally fixed it so now I'm a happy camper :)

I'm going back home next week so from now on updates will go back to how they were before. Also, I haven't gotten a chance to reply to messages and comments since I've been here but hopefully I can do that soon. I'm sorry if you've sent me a message or commented and I haven't answered. I always try to reply to them all.

Thank you guys so much for being patient, you are simply the best people ever!

xx, Ashley.