Daddy Problems

After the show was over, Megan and I decided to sneak out and speak to a few fans. They always seemed to be my fallback. When I felt like things were getting crazy and I just needed a breather, they were the people I leaned on. It's amazing to have a group of people who will have your back no matter what happens in this crazy world. We signed autographs and took pictures with all the amazing girls. I even got a few gifts such as a giraffe, my favorite animal, more stuffed animals, some candy, and even a few cute bracelets. It was amazing and even though we got caught and got a few disapproving looks from Simon, Megan and I both agreed it was worth it. The looks on the girls faces was simply priceless. 

I packed up my duffle bag and changed into a dress that Megan was letting me borrow, it was simple and comfy but still classy (A/N: side picture). I felt a slight need to impress my dad at dinner and there would definitely be pictures. My hands were actually shaking as I wipped away my heavy stage makeup and reapplied some a little lighter. Contestants swept behind me to leave as I stood before the lit up mirror. Some stopped for a brief conversation. 

My mom came in the room and put an arm around me, "I'm proud of you, darling." She praised me. I stared at the two of us in the mirror. People have told me that I look like the perfect combination of both my mom and my dad, but as I stare into the mirror now, I only see my mom in me. I feel like I look like a clone of her. A smile lit my mother's features and it warmed my heart. I can't really remember a time when my mom didn't look tired and worn out but now, standing beside me, she looked happy for once. My mom was an absolutely amazing person, I think. She always tried to do what was best for everyone else and never thought of herself, maybe that's why I feel like tonight needed to be for her.

We headed outside to the car in the back that was Liam's. He'd told us to meet him there and since my mom doesn't have a car, he'd have to drive us anyways. As of right now, we still don't live here. That thought is scary in so many ways because it would be all too simple to go back to New York. It would actually probably be easier than staying here, but I couldn't even imagine it.

"Are you excited?" I asked my mom. She laughed at the question.

"There's really not words for how I'm feeling." For a moment, I saw the past creep into her eyes and then it vanished just as fast. A day will never pass by where my mom isn't reminded of those few months with Liam. I believe they were both the best and worst months of her life. At least I know one thing for sure, they really loved each other. Why else would a couple of months together, change both of their lives forever. Simply because those couple of months meant more to the both of them than a lifetime with anyone else.

Liam quickly hopped into the car and turned it on, he seemed in a panic as he got the car out of the lot and onto the main street without even acknowledging us.

"Hey!" He said to us both as he got the car back into a normal pace. "You did wonderful tonight, Delilah. That was quite possibly the best performance I have ever witnessed." My heart warmed and a genuine smile stretched across the surface of my face. My mom smiled as well. I watched her in the side mirror from where I sat in the back seat. She looked a little tense, probably scared.

"So, I kind of want to know everything." Liam said to us. I wasn't sure what he meant. We stopped at a red light and he turned to look at us. 

"Everything about what?" My mom asked of him.

"Absolutely everything. I want to hear about what your life in New York is like, what Delilah's birth was like, I want to know about holidays and parties and everything in between." Liam's eyes turned cold witht the regret of not being apart of those memories. I tried to search my head for something to tell him as the light turned green, but the only memories that came to mind were not good ones.