Week One Begins

I heard the bing of the elevator door but I didn't bother looking up.

"Delilah?" Roman asked, kneeling down next to me. "What's wrong?" He pushed my cheek gently so that I was forced to look him in the eye.

"Nothing." I wanted to add that I was fine but it was pretty clear that I wasn't fine.

"It's obviously not nothing." I didn't answer him because there was nothing I could say. Eleanor and Louis know now and they're going to try to find my mom but I wasn't sure what was going to happen next and honestly I was scared. Also, my mom worked so hard to keep our secret a secret. She sacrificed absolutely everything and because I was selfish and chased my dreams everything she did to stay away was for nothing.

"You don't have to talk to me. But I want to show you something." Roman smiled and instantly I felt the corners of my mouth tighten into a smile even with tears still wet on my cheeks. He laughed and wiped away my tears with his thumbs. "Follow me." He helped me up and took me to the navy blue curtains behind us.

"You didn't get to actually take in that stage did you?" He asked, I thought back to the lady pulling me through the auditorium and shook my head no. With one hand Roman pulled back the blue curtain and smiled at me. 

"Holy shit.." I mumbled and walked through. We walked down the thirteen rows of seats to the balcony. This was the balcony seating of the X Factor auditorium. "This is insane." 

We were probably about 100 feet up from the ground where there were rows upon rows upon rows of seats. It was really dark, I could barely even see Roman next to me. But the stage was lit up, blue obviously. I shook my head, disbelieving. 

"You know, when I was little," I leaned against the balcony and kept on shaking my head, Roman laughed.

"When you were little you used to dream of this, didn't you?" He asked. Through the dim light I could see his smile shining white. 

"No." I looked back at the stage. "I never wanted to be a singer. I never even thought of it." 

"Really? I've talked to thousands upon thousands of contestants but I've never heard that before."

"I'm full of surprises." I said playfully making him chuckle again.

"Yeah, I know. I can't seem to figure you out. You just make no sense to me." 

"What do you mean?" I asked, slightly offended.

"Not in a bad way, just like their's something about you that doesn't really.." He searched for the word, "click."

"Great, are you gonna interrigate me to." I put my face in my hands, I may be lying but I hated people second guessing me. Which might be the most hypocritical thing I've ever said. I told myself to breath. So I stood there and focused on that. 

After a few minutes, I figured Roman had left due to my comment, but then I felt his warm hand on my back. He pulled me down to the ground and we sta with our backs against the backside of the balcony wall. Roman put his arm around me and pulled me close. 

"Manic Depression." He whispered in my ear the words I was too afraid to say out loud and rubbed my arm. I felt the tears coming fast again and laid my head on his shoulder. 

"I can't do this. I'm going home. I was an idiot for ever thinking it would work out in the first place." I whispered back.

"You're not an idiot. You aren't going home. You can do this. And it will work out."

"This right here is proof that I can't. I don't even have the energy to get up and go practice with the rest of the contestants." I felt weak. That's one thing that sucked about constantly going from happy to sad in the blink of an eye, it was ridiculously emotinally exhausting.