Warrior

>Delilah's POV<

I hummed along to the song I'd be singing tonight as I tapped my foot to the beat. Soon Megan would be done practicing on the stage and it would be my turn. I was sitting a couple rows from the front in the dimly lit arena that would be packed later tonight. Louis stood right before the stage with his arms crossed. I didn't have to look at his face to know the expression on it, I'd seen it too many times. His lips were set in a tight line and his eyes were narrowed scanning the stage for any mistakes at all in lighting, choreography, Megan's voice, or anything else that could give the fans a reason not to vote for her. 

Remembering that I had fans, soemthing that was surprisingly easy to forget, and that I hadn't tweeted in forever, I pulled out my phone. I had been trying to avoid, T.V., magazines, and the internet ever since the incident the other day but I still needed that support from my fans.

@DelilahNotTheSong: Watching @Megan_CaliGurlx rehearse for tonight. What are you all up to?

I favorited a few tweets and followed a few people and tried my best not to look at the comments about Liam. Since there were so many, this was pretty hard. I looked up to where Louis was now on the stage practically choregraphing Megan himself even though the choregrapher was right there. Megan looked like she was about to kill herself.

"Don't let them get to you." I jumped at the voice behind me. Liam was resting his arms on the back of the chair behind me, looking down at my phone. I nodded. "It's hard, but we've all been there and we've all made it through to the other side." I glared at him.

"My mom didn't." His eyes softened. 

"Speaking of your mom, I'm taking both of you out to dinner tonight after the show. Just the three of us." I felt a burst of excitment within me. I thought Liam didn't want anyone to know about the real deal but if he was willing to basically confirm the rumors by going out in public with us, maybe everything could end up working out. He smiled at me and I smiled back, the smile I had inherited from him. He left without another word as Louis called me up to rehearse my part. I smiled as I leaped up from my spot, beyond excited for what was to come later.

-----------------------

I went through the normal motions of the rest of the day. Well, they aren't really normal but they had become normal to me. After my final rehearsal, I ate lunch with the rest of the contestant's where we joked around and told stories and gossiped. They were all the best friends I had ever had. Next I went to hair and makeup. While I was getting my hair done, Declan had brought me Starbucks which had made me smile but I felt like I had to chug it down before Roman found out. Once my hair was perfectly curled in spirals down my back, I got my makeup done with Megan. She was already dressed since she was lucky number one today. I was last. We sat in the makeup chairs and laughed about everything and anything until our makeup ladies yelled at us because they thought we'd smear the makeup. After this I put on my fabulous, dress. It was strapless and the bodice was compeletely jeweled in almost a royal way with squiggly pieces connecting the large stones. The dress ended just above my knees and the bottom sort of fanned out. The top was black but the skirt part started off yellow and ombred into black. (A/N I'll try to insert a picture on the side). Just before the show, while the arena was filling up, my amazingly handsome boyfriend and I met up and talked for a bit. He kissed me goodbye and wished me good luck and then I headed off to watch my best friends opening performance. This was normal for me now, and I never wanted that to go away. 

They were finishing up the long introductions just as I found a spot to watch Megan right beside one of the boys, Holden. Louis announced Megan and the doors opened, revealing my gorgeous friend wearing an insanely sparkly blue-ish dress that made her look like a meramid with the different gold and purple sparkles thrown everywhere. Her music stard and she stared singing her song, which was Long Live by Taylor Swift. She sounded lovely as usual and even got emotional a few times since it was a song about her fans. We all danced together backstage, Holden spun me around a couple of times, only to get a few death glares from Declan. The night continued on like this, dancing and signing to the upbeat songs or near the point of tears to the slower ones. We were down to the absolute best in this competition. These were the singers who could move you to the edge of the world by making you feel every emotion in the book and make it sound effortless.