Beau

>Sammy's POV<

"Oh, I'm so sorry, sir but we're closed." I told the customer that had just walked in.

"Man.." The guy sighed and walked out, making the tinkling bell over the door chime.

Letting out my own sigh, I collapsed in a nearby chair. Rude, arrogant people make this job living hell. I heard Audrey and Max laughing as they came out from the swinging door leading to the kitchen.

"That was the best moment ever! Goodnight Audrey, give a big hug to Delilah for me. Night, Sammy." Max left, leaving only Audrey and I.

"So how was your day?" She tried to start a conversation as she slammed a bucket of soapy water on a table and plunged her sponge in. Untieing my apron, I went over to where she was cleaning and helped her by putting up some chairs. 

"Good. Can I talk to you?"

"Yeah? What do you need?"

"She has a shot." Audrey stopped and rolled her eyes, she looked at me with fury. It was crazy how fast her mood changed when a conversation turned in this direction. "No one would probably even notice that she looks slightly similar to him." 

"And what about me? I can't just walk in there. What about when they start asking for paperwork. Birth certificates. The first thing they'll ask her is her name." I took in what she was saying. She had a point, but Delilah deserved a shot. Audrey continued washing tables.

"It's not that I'm afraid she won't make it.. It's that I know she will." She continued. I took the sponge from her hand and set it in the bucket next to me. I held both her hands in mine and looked into her bright blue eyes, one of the few things that stress from over the years hasn't changed.

"All of that is really easy to fake, you've been doing it for yours. I think you're more afraid of the people you'll have to see."

"You're crazy. The second I walk in there, they would know."

"And is that so bad? Maybe it was meant to be." Her head shook. I knew what would happen if they went to that audition and honestly, I wanted it tohappen. I could almost picture it perfectly.

Delilah would walk onto that stage, a huge smile on her face. Every eye and light would shine directly on her. For once she would be the center of attention. Liam would piece it together after she said her name and sang. He'd ask her about her mother and Delilah would pull Audrey out on that stage. Everyone would look at the girl who had hid from the world for so long. They would all be reminded of the mistake they had made. Liam would take one look at her and fall back in love instently. From what I heard, they were pretty in love, maybe it could all go back to that.

"I left for a reason." Audrey finalized. She turned her back to me and started washing off the table behind her. I looked to my left out at the New York City lights. The city was beautiful at night, one of the many reasons why I fell in love with it.

Another reason I love this city was Beau. He might be the only thing on this planet that was more beautiful than the city that never sleeps at night. You're average picture perfect guy, tall, tan, fit, everything you could want. His heart was huge and he was one of the smartest guys I had ever met. When I was eighteen, I met him in a cafe. In fact, it was this very cafe. From where I stand now, I can see the spot where we first met. 

>FLASHBACK<

"Can I take your order?" I stared intently at my notepad, awaiting the customers response.

"Uhh, can I have a carmel latte, please." A deep voice spoke. I dropped my notepad, frustrated, instead of writing down the order.

"IS THAT SERIOUSLY ALL YOU WANT?!" My mouth formed an 'o' as I looked at the customer for the first time. He was gorgeous. If it's possible for just your eyes to fall in love, mine just did.

He smiled wide, causing little wrinkles at the corner of his eyes and exposing his perfect white teeth.

"Sorry, this is just my first order ever and I was expecting it to be cooler than a latte..." I felt my cheeks flush. A beautiful laugh rang through my ears.

"It's okay, how about a latte and your number." I rolled my eyes and walked away, but that beautiful laugh was still stuck in my head.

>PRESENT TIME<

That laugh was still stuck in my head, even though the boy it came from died in a car crash three years later. Tears came to my eyes. I was in love with that boy. If I wasn't, I wouldn't have gotten engaged to him. It came to me right then as I looked at the table in the corner where I met Beau, Audrey felt the same as me.

"Liam's gonna be there."

"Thanks, Sammy! I know!" Audrey said, a little too loud.

"If it was Beau, nothing else would matter. I would just want to see him in the flesh again. Don't give up this chance because if I could I would gladly take it." She had stopped cleaning again and even though her back was too me, I could still see the steady rise and fall of her back, indicating the emotion that was probably smearing her make-up right now. 

"And maybe you don't want to see him, even though I know you do. But you know what it's like growing up without a real father. Give Delilah that chance to look hers in the eye."

-------------------Author's Note----------------

I hate making excuses buuuuuuuuuut, this chapter kind of sucked. And that was kind of due to the fact that I'm really stressed out right now. So sorry! It probably could've been sooo much better. The next chapter will be a gazzzzzillion times better, promise!!! Erika and Kiani, I used the name Beau just for you guys ;) (even though I'm not as creepily obsessed with him as you guys are.) This is gonna be really awkward if they don't read my author's notes... anyways thanks for reading and I love you all! 

xx, Ashley