New People

"So then.." I paused for a minute to wipe the tears from my eyes, "then I was like 'well maybe you shouldn't have talked about it in the first place!" Roman and I both threw our heads back, laughing hysterically. More tears streaming down our faces.  

"Oh gosh.. Too funny." We stopped and set our luggage on the sidewalk next to us to get a hold of ourselves and search for the car one of the waiters at the cafe's cousin was lending my mom. 

"Uhhh, it should be tan. A tiny bit old, I don't know what year or model?" We scanned the lot but couldn't find it so I pulled my iPhone out of my back pocket.  

"Hello?" 

"Mom? Where are you?" 

"At the hotel. What do you mean?" My mouth fell open. Did she forget? 

"Uhhh, the airport?" 

"Yeah.... What about the airport?" I could hear the seriousness in her voice, but maybe she was still just joking. 

"When are you picking us up?" I glanced at Roman who was still looking around at the cars. 

"Delilah, I'm really sorry, but I don't think I can." She told me, hesitantely.

"Why not?!" I yelled, expressing my anger and making Roman flinch. Now he was watching me. 

"It's not a good idea for me to be around Roman a lot." 

"What?!" I was still pissed and Roman knew. He grabbed my hand and rubbed the top, trying to calm me down. Me angry is not fun. 

"Think about it. What if he starts saying things to someone and they-" Her voice crackled through the phone. 

"Whatever." I cut her off and hung up the phone.  

"What happened?" I shook my head, still frustrated. 

"We need to call a cab." I told him.

"Okay, why?" Roman pulled out his own phone but continued looking at me with those deep brown eyes, awaiting an answer. I hesitated. I really didn't want to have to lie to him. 

"She has to work." I swallowed the lump in my throat. Everything about lying to this guy who had been nothing but perfect to me, felt wrong in every way. He was already on his phone searching for a cab. I tilted my head back and took a few breaths. Crying was stupid. Their was no point. It was one tiny lie that he'll never even know about. I guess that's what made it feel so wrong though.

--------A few hours later---------

I knocked on the door of my bedroom at the contestants house and crossed my fingers. It took a couple of seconds, but the door swung open and in the doorway was a tan blonde with bright and excited blue eyes.

"DELILAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She yelled, in her perky voice.

"MEGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I yelled back to her, just as loud and ran into her arms. We hugged and laughed and acted as if we hadn't seen each other in three years when in reality it had only been a few days.

I pulled my bags inside and Megan shut our door behind me. The room was really pretty. It reminded me a little of a hotel room but a very, very expensive one. On one wall was a flat screen with a long table kind of thing attached to the wall underneath it. The table stretched the entire lenght of the wall and at the end was a desk with a wooden chair and a computer. Across from that desk were a couple of comfortable looking chairs with a glass coffee table with flowers on it.  Next to those and across from the flat screen was a large bed for us to share. The entire room looked very modern with its gray color scheme. There wasn't a bathroom but as I was walking down the hallway a few minutes prior I had seen two bathrooms, a guys and a girls right next to each other.