Love is a Battlefield

I was on the phone with my mom and she was talking my head off. For about 30 minutes she had been talking about the show tonight; how wonderful I was, that she was sorry she couldn't go back stage, that she likes Roman better than Declan anyways just becuase he's Kiani's son. Now it was all starting to just blur together.

"Mom, I'm going to have to go." I yawned. I had been up since 6 am and had one of the busiest days of my life, not sleeping right now was not an option.

"Okay, well I love you, sweetie! I know you probably won't get to talk much tomorrow but I'll be in the crowd. I'm so proud of you." She told me. I couldn't help but smile. The word proud made a warmth spread within me. After telling her that I loved her back and finishing up saying goodnight I hung up. The screen on my phone showed that I had two unread messages.

Roman: Goodnight, love I'm glad you're finally getting a guy you deserve ;)

How does he manage to still be cocky in a text that was supposed to be so sweet? For some reason, I loved that about him. His confidence radiated.

Declan: Try to live with what you did tonight. You broke his heart, tomorrow you'll regret it. I promise. -Aaron.

My mind flashbacked to when Aaron standing next to me had given me such bad anxiety that I passed out. Something was really off about that kid and I hated it. Since then I haven't even so much as looked in his direction. The threat in that text was bad enough, but coming from him made it a milion times worse. Quickly, I deleted his text so that I wouldn't have to look at it. I answered Roman as Megan stepped into the room with her hair wrapped in a towel and in her hot pink pajamas. 

"You look like you're going to be sick." She noted. I felt like it too.

"Today's been crazy." I covered.

"Yeah, I bet. Even I didn't expect that song choice from you." I shrugged. 

"I'm tired. I think it's bedtime." I said as I rolled over onto my side.

"I agree." Megan shut off the lights, making the room become instantely pitch black. I let the darkness overcome me.

---------------

"I didn't think I'd be this nervous for tonight." I spoke my thoughts out loud as we pulled up to the X Factor building. 

"Me niether." Agreed Lily. Lily was one of the girls in the only girl band left in this competition, Love in Time. She was gorgeous and a sweetheart.

"Has anyone seen Caitlin this morning?" I looked around at the girls and shook my head. That was wierd. I didn't even notice Caitlin was gone.

"Haven't seen her." I answered Paige, who's also in Love in Time. The van stopped in front of the entrance and we all hopped out. 

"So what exactly are we even going to be doing all day?" Asked Megan. I had the same question. The show didn't start until 7:30 pm and it was only 8 am.

"Hi, girls!" Erika smiled as she opened the door for us. "You guys can just head to stage right." We walked down the hall and opened up the black door at the end, leading to the side of the stage. Everything in this area was black so that you couldn't see during a show. Black curtains, walls, floors, and ceilings. This was also where snacks were kept during rehearsals. From here we could see them working on the lighting for tonight's results show. 

A lot of people were back here. All of Your Prince, the two eleven year old contestants, Erika, Niall, Louis, Eleanor, Kiani, Zayn, Danielle, Roman, Noelle, and more. Caitlin was also back here holding two cups of Starbucks. In the mornings everyone is always pretty tired so there wasn't much commotion.