Lights

>Declan's POV<

"Hey! Delilah, what happened last night? You weren't home all night or this morning and all of a sudden you're here." I thought they had kicked her off for some unknown reason. I know for a fact she did not get a ride from the vans to the X Factor building like the rest of the contestants. Her eyes flickered to the left.

"I have to go! I'm so behind, I haven't even picked a song yet. Can we please talk later."

"Yeah." I watched her walk away. Damn, her butt looks good in those shorts.. I hadn't agreed to talking with her later because I could wait but because I could see the red in her eyes and the dark circles underneath. She didn't deserve someone to make her anymore miserable than she clearly already was.

>Delilah's POV<

"Okay, you're behind. So we need to figure things out. The first live show is Thursday. Today's Tuesday. You understand that right?" There was an enormous elephant in the room as Louis spoke to me in a rehearsal room, one-on-one. Well, one-on-one besides the recording crew, vocal coach, and pianist. He was treating me like a child, I understood the severity of the situation I was in.

"Yeah, I do. Yesterday was a set back, but I swear to you I will work my ass off today to make up for lost time." Louis looked up from his papers and stared at me for a minute.

"Determination. I like that, a lot." He told me, smiling. It didn't quite fit right after our conversation yesterday.

"Have you thought of any songs you might like to sing, because if not, I've come up with a few that will work really well with your voice-"

"I've got the perfect song." I told him, with a smile and a person in my mind already.

--------------------

I collapsed on the seat in the van and let out the breath I had been holding. Today had been one of the most tiring days of my entire life. My vocal chords hurt and Louis had advised me to take a break and try not to talk much for the rest of the day. I put in my earphones and waited in the empty van for the rest of the girls to pile in. It was hot and I could feel the irritation with in me. I prayed that no one would piss me off.

When everyone was loaded up, we headed back to the house. For some reason though, we took a detour.

"Isn't this the wrong way?" I spoke up to the driver, who acted like everything was normal.

"Well yes, but I got a call earlier saying that one of the roads is blocked off." I watched out the back window as the two other cars went the usual way. "Oh." I said, still watching the other cars.

Megan eyed me in this confused state.

"Oh! We forgot to tell you. We're all going to go grab some frozen yogurt." She said with a smile.

"Oh, cool!" I breathed a sigh of relief. "I think frozen yogurt's good for my throat." Megan looked around at the other girls who all looked taken aback.

"You don't understand." Megan told me. What was there to not understand about frozen yogurt. "We all are going to go get some frozen yogurt, you're going back to the house. We don't want you feeling the urge to talk." She gestured a lot with her hands, a sign saying she was nervous. I shook my head in disbelief.

"What's the real reason I can't come with?" I asked her.

"We don't want you to." No pause or stutter, it was just said flat out. She didn't even look at me when she said it. She looked around like I wasn't even worthy enough for her to look me in the eyes. I just stared at them all, praying someone would tell me they were joking. But then we pulled up to the yogurt place and they all got out, one by one looking over their shoulders at me. The last person out was Megan, she shrugged and left. How did she do that so easily? And what had I done to make this happen?