Chapter 22

Bethany's P.O.V

I wrap my arms around him, taking in his presence.

I've missed the fuck outta this boy.

I haven't seen him in 2 weeks. 2 long, rough weeks.

I pull away and look at him.

He looks so rough.

He looks so depressed but yet so fucking happy at the same time.

"I've missed you." Ethan says with a slight grin as he tucks a piece of fallen hair behind my ear.

I grab his hand as he does so, letting him know physically, that I've missed him too.

"I've missed you." I let go of his hand as he traces his thumb across my cheek.

"So, let's go sit down and talk about some stuff." Ethan recommends, so I walk to the couch and sit down with Ethan sitting beside me.

"So, how have you been? It's been like 2 weeks since I haven't seen you." He looks at me with concern.

"Ehh. I've been pretty good until today." I admit, looking Ethan in his eyes.

"What he did was fucked up." Ethan shakes his head and looks away from me.

"Yeah, but at least I have you now." I shrug as he looks back to me.

"Of course you got me. I haven't gave up and it's been like a month. Wanna know why? Because you never give up on someone you love."

Him using the quote I told him made my heart rate speed up, causing me to grow happy a little.

"I'm so glad you didn't give up on me." I mange to smile, causing Ethan to smile.

"I could never give up on you with the way I feel about you." Ethan admits through a small smile.

I look down at the ground, dreading to tell him this, but I have to.

"I have something to tell you." I look back up to him as he scrunches his eyebrows.

"Well what is it?" He grabs my hand for comfort.

"Grayson took me to a therapist, and I have another kind of depression. It's called dysthymia. A long, but mild term kind of depression. It could last for a lifetime or for a short period of time." I sad grin as his facial expression drops.

"Bethany, are you serious? D-did I cause you to get it?" His eyes widen as he asks me that question.

"No. It just comes out of no where." I shake my head. "They raised the dosage of my other kind of depression medication and they gave me some new stuff for this new kind." His eyes scan across my face as he tightens his grip on my hand.

"I feel like I caused you to- you didn't cause anything, Ethan. Depression can just come out of no where." I reassure him so he wouldn't feel guilty of something he's not.

"Are you sure?" He ask me in the most purest tone.

I nod my head at him and give him a soft grin. "Yes Ethan, I'm sure."

He stays silent for a minute, but then speaks up.

"I can't even imagine what you're going through with 2 kinds of depression." He shakes his head at the thought of me going through it.

"Ethan. It's okay. I'll be okay." I trace my thumb back and forth over his hand.

"Stay strong Bethany, please. You got this. I'll be here for you through it all." He gives me strength, making me feel better.

I couldn't help but smile. He noticed that I was smiling, so he started smiling.

"Have you cut anymore since the last time?" He gently grabs my wrist to examine it.

"No. I've had the urge to, but I didn't." I admit while he looks focused on my scars.

"Have you gotten high since then?" He ask, tracing his thumb over my scars now.

"Surprisingly, no I haven't. Have I wanted to? Yes." I tell him while kinda giggling.

He looks up at me and gives me a cheeky smile.

"That's good on both. You haven't cut and you haven't gotten high. I'm proud of you." He says while wrapping one of his arms around my waist.

"Thank you." I take in his hug by wrapping my hand around his arm.

He pulls away and looks around the apartment, looking a little confused.

"What time is it?" Ethan ask while looking back to me.

I click my phone to check the time.

"Well, it's 9:56 in the morning." I look back over to him.

He simply nods his head.

"Do you wanna go do something?" He looks over to me and locks his eyes with mine. They're back to his natural deep green color- full of happiness.

"Eh, not really. I just wanna stay in. It's too early." I admit sorta giggling. "How about we just watch Netflix?" I raise my eyebrows at him as my lips make a frown- making my questioning face.

"That'll work too." He giggles and shrugs.

I grab the remote and turn the tv on and go to Netflix.

"What do you wanna watch?" I ask while searching for something to watch.

"It doesn't matter to me." He tells me, making me just click on something.

"South Park?" I bring my attention back to him.

"That's perfectly fine." He tells me so turn it on, put the remote on the table, and sit back.

I feel Ethan lean over and he grabs me- pulling me toward him in his lap. He rotates us so now we're laying straight as he wraps one of his arms around me.

Many minutes go by as I begin to hear little snores.

I look back at Ethan to see that he has his mouth open with his arm still around me.

I lay back on him- putting my head on his chest.

I put my arm on top of his, holding onto it with my hand.

I lie there until I start dozing off, and then I finally go to sleep, in the arms of the person I truly love and never want to lose again.

Narrators P.O.V

Ethan and Bethany really love eachother.

Ethan is finally happy again because of Bethany coming back.

Bethany is actually happy now because of Ethan not giving up on her and the fact that he waited on her.

Ethan feels bad because he did all of that to her, and Bethany feels bad because she didn't stay with him and went for Grayson.

They both have guilt and regrets.

But, Ethan has a surprise for Bethany in the near future, and Bethany is truly gonna love it.

Hey guys! It's the weekend, so you know what that means.. I'm gonna be updating! This is the week that we're doing absolutely nothing, so I'll be updating frequently. But, what does Ethan have for Bethany? Stay reading to find out!