Chapter 9

Bethany's P.O.V

Once Ethan and I got out the shower, we go back to his room.

I lie on his bed and glance at the time to see it was 2:57 a.m.

I turn the TV on to watch Rick and Morty since I'm not sleepy yet, but Ethan grabs his phone and goes back to the bathroom without saying a word to me.

What the fuck?

My thoughts begin to wonder on all the things that could be wrong with him, but I don't wanna bother him.

Best thing to do would just let him be.

Moments go by of me watching Rick and Morty, and he's still in the bathroom.

I ignore it and grab my phone and earbuds and decide to go to the livingroom. I sit down on the couch, plug my earbuds in, and listen to music. (The song at the top in the box)

I start to listen to my depressing music since I felt this way. Weird right? But it's a habit. When I feel depressed, I can't help but to listen to sad music.

I haven't taken my depression medicine in 4 days and now it's taking over.

I grab a pillow and cover and lay down to try to go to sleep, but here come my thoughts.

You're just worthless.
You don't deserve to be happy.
You don't deserve Ethan, and he don't deserve you.
You're gonna get broken.
You deserve someone like Grayson.

My thoughts wonder all over the place. But why Grayson?

I just break down. I turn over and put my face into the pillow and start sobbing.

I feel someone shaking me, so I remove my face from the pillow and turn my head to see who it is.

"Grayson?" I ask confused through a tear. I'm surprised it was him and not my boyfriend.

"Yeah, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" He asks concerned while sitting on the edge of the couch and putting his hand on my shoulder.

I sigh, not really wanting to tell him about my depression. Only my mom and sister knows, but I feel like I could trust him, so why not tell him?

"My depression kicked in because I haven't taken my medicine in 4 days. My thoughts are killing me, and Ethan has been in the bathroom for 20 minutes and I have no clue why." I start to tear up again, but Grayson pulls me into his arms.

"Shh, it's gonna be okay babe, I promise. Try to focus on something else." Grayson says while rubbing his hand up and down over my arm.

He just called me babe... weird.

He looks at me and flashes me a quick smile as he squeezes me.

"I just heard someone crying, so I thought I'd come check and see what's wrong." He lets me go and goes back to his room.

I get up and go to Ethan's room to see his door still open from earlier, and to see that he was still in the bathroom after 25 minutes.

I step into his room and hear him talking on the phone, so I decide to listen in on his conversation.

"Yeah babe. I swear she's not gonna find out. I'll see what I can do tomorrow to come see you." Ethan says which causes my entire body to start aching.

I tiptoe run out of Ethan's room and run into Grayson's while trying not to cry, but fail miserably.

"Bethany, what's going on?" Grayson raises one of his eyebrows.

"E-Ethan is on the phone with some girl, and he called her babe, and he told her that he's gonna see what he can do to see her tomorrow. I think he's cheating on me." I start balling my eyes out now. I can't believe this shit.

"Wait right here." He says as he gets up. "Oh, and Kaylee is not here, as you can tell." He walks out of the room and goes to Ethan's.

Where the fuck did my sister go?

I decide to follow him just to see what he was going to do.

He goes into Ethan's room and bangs on the bathroom door.

I stay out of Ethan's room and just watch by peeping my head around the corner- having a clear vision into his bathroom.

"Hey let me call you back, bye." Ethan said loudly and hung up.

He unlocked the door, comes out the bathroom, and turns off the light.

"Hey dude, who was you on the phone with? Bethany has been crying her eyes out for like 10 minutes on the couch, and you haven't even checked on her once!" Grayson says, which causes me to run to the couch and cover up.

All of a sudden, Ethan comes around the corner and sits on the edge of the couch.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Ethan ask as he holds my face in his hand.

"Don't play dumb with me." I begin to chuckle.

"I know what you're doing and you can't hide it. I heard you talking to some girl on the phone in the bathroom when I came to see what you were doing." I straight up tell Ethan calmly without screaming. I just can't find a sense in me to yell.

I get up off the couch and go to Grayson to stand by him, not daring to be close to Ethan.

"Bethany, it's not what- yes it is! Don't you dare fucking say it's not what it sounds like, because I know damn well what's going on!" I finally found a sense to shout at Ethan.

"Fuck." He mumbles under his breath. He looks back up to me with sad eyes. "You win."

"I know I fucking won." I whisper while now crying into a shirtless, warm Grayson. Grayson is rubbing my back and playing with my hair to comfort me but to keep me calm.

"Ethan, the best thing for you to do right now is to keep your distance from me and don't talk to me for a while." I say not really wanting to distance myself, but I know it's what's best for me.

"Bethany, please don't do this." Ethan looks down to the ground. "I can't lose you."

His words make my heart ache, but he just lost me all because he don't know how to be loyal.

"If you didn't want to lose me, then why did you cheat? Who are you even cheating on me with?" Tears can't help but to form in my eyes as my heart starts to ache even more.

"Probably with that Vanessa girl that he's been fucking with before he met you." Grayson admits, making my body fill with chills.

"Ethan, you fucked up bad dude. I'm not saving you this time. I'm on Bethany's side because what you did is fucked up." Grayson tells Ethan as his grip on me tightens.

"I'm your brother dude. That's not fair." Ethan's voice was laced with sadness yet guilt.

"You doing this to her is what's not fair." Grayson looks down to me.

"Come on Bethany, come with me." Grayson puts his arm around me to turn me to go to his room.

I turn my head back to look at Ethan, seeing that he has shame written all over his face.

"I'm sorry." He mouths as I roll my eyes and look away.

Maybe I should start listening to my thoughts from now on.

Hey guys! Such a plot twist. I know... These next few chapters are gonna be interesting. 🙃 stay tuned.