Chapter 18

Bethany's P.O.V

Grayson and I are on our way back from getting something to eat.

Just out of no where, Ethan popped in my head.

I really don't know what to do. I'm just a wreck.

I don't know if I want Ethan or Grayson. I have feelings for the both of them which fucking sucks.

Apparently I started crying because Grayson broke me from my thoughts as he wiped a tear away.

"Why are you crying?" He grows concerned as tears fall down my face.

I look over at him and shake my head.

"Ethan popped up in my head. I just don't know what to do Grayson. It's so confusing." I say while wiping my tears away.

"Hey now, it'll be okay. I promise." He assures me as he grabs my hand.

"I hope so." I mumble under my breath.

Skip to when they get back to Bethany's apartment.

I make my way inside the apartment as Grayson follows behind.

I go to my room and see that there was a note on my bed.

I pick it up and read it.

Bethany, you mean so much to me. I don't know what caused you to want us to have time apart, but I'm sorry for whatever I done. I just want you to be happy. Don't force yourself to be happy either. I hope you make a decision soon. I love you.
               ~ Ethan.

While reading that, my heart ached as I felt tears form in my eyes with a tingling sensation flow through my body.

I guess I really do love Ethan.

I text him and ask him to come over.

I needed to see him.

I go to the living room and see that Grayson wasn't in there.

My phone vibrates in my back pocket, making me instantly reach for it.

Grayson- I'm going back to my place. I'll be back sometime tomorrow.

It then vibrates again, revealing a message from Ethan.

Ethan- I'm on my way.

Perfect.

Ethan is coming over and Grayson isn't gonna be here.

I sit at the island bar and wait for Ethan to get here, when all of a sudden the door opens to reveal Ethan.

I instantly get up and go to him.

He wraps me in a hug and squeezes me tight.

He plants a kiss on my forehead and pulls away, holding my shoulders for me to look at him.

"Okay, so why did you wanna be apart for a while?" His eyebrows raise at me as he stares me dead in the eyes.

A part of me felt ashamed while the other half didn't.

I mean, Ethan and I weren't even dating when I fooled around with Grayson, but yet I still feel bad.

"You're gonna hate me." I shake my head at him as I look around his face.

"Just tell me." He removes his hands from my shoulders and crosses his arms.

"Well." I inhale a deep breath and let it out. "I have feelings for you and your brother. That's why I wanted time apart, so I could have time to think about everything." I cross my arms and look at him, his eyes instantly giving me a glare.

"Oh." He nods his head at me. "Did y'all do stuff?" His tone was filled with sarcasm as he raises one of his eyebrows.

I just ignore him. It's like he knew we did.

"Bethany, why?" He starts to grow angry with me, but you could see the sadness underneath the anger.

I ignore him. I didn't know what to say.

"I asked why." He licks his lips as his jaw now becomes clenched.

I take a deep breath in and look away from him.

"I was getting back at you for cheating on me so you could know how I fucking felt." I tell him as I try to walk away, but he grabs my arm, pulling me back to him.

"What Ethan? There's nothing to say now! What needed to be said was just said, so please leave." I pull myself out of his grip.

He shakes his head at me as his eyes start filling with tears.

"I'm not gonna lie right now, I am hurt." He admits, his tongue playing with the inside of his cheek.

"But it's my fault." He admits, looking at me as a tear falls down his face. "I'm the one that started this shit, and I'm sorry."

He puts his hands on my face and kisses my forehead.

He pulls away and let's me go- walking to the door of the apartment.

"Just know that I'll be waiting for you. I'm not going anywhere. I love you." He inputs as he walks out the door.

His words shot an ache of pain in my heart, causing me to tear up.

I text Grayson and tell him to get his ass over here because it's an emergency.

I needed someone here with me because Kaylee went back home to visit our family.

Grayson- oh shit. I'm on my way.

I make my way to the couch and sit down as I start to cry.

One thing for sure, I fucked up, but so did Ethan.

All of this is just putting so much weight on my shoulders, making my depression worse.

I've honestly lost myself through this.

If I could go back in time and change some things, I definitely would.

I wouldn't change me meeting Ethan, mainly because it's one of the best things to ever happen to me.

I would just change the mistakes I've made and do things differently.

My soft cries soon turn into sobs.

I hear the door open as I look up, seeing Grayson with concern on his face.

"Hey!" He makes his way to me. "It's gonna be okay." He comforts me by rubbing his hand up and down my back.

"Come with me. We're gonna go somewhere." He drags me up- forcing me to stand up.

He walks me out to his car- helping me walk along the way as I sob, but I collapse onto the concrete.

You know you're torn to pieces when you're not even strong enough at the moment to even hold yourself up.

I put my head in my hands and start balling my eyes out- worse than what I already was.

By this point, I'm screaming while I'm crying.

I'm so confused and don't know what to do. I'm an emotional wreck.

Grayson helps me up and puts me in the car.

He gets in on his side, cranks the car, and drives off without buckling up.

I'm sitting in the passenger seat with my legs up to my chest as I have my head tilted down on my knees still crying.

I start wondering where it all went wrong and what I did to deserve all of this.

I can feel myself getting weaker by the second.

Aye guys. This chapter is a little depressing. But this chapter will go along with the next one, and Bethany will describe what she's feeling to a little someone. 😉 stay tuned.