Chapter 17

Bethany's P.O.V

I wake up to the sound of music and I look over next to me.

I see Grayson, who's got one hand on the steering wheel, and the other is holding my hand.

I move a little and earn a look from Grayson.

"Well it's about time you get up. I've felt lonely for the past hour." He tells me through a giggle.

"I didn't mean to fall asleep. I was tired." I rub my eyes with my free hand.

"No, it's okay. I've been listening to music and listening to your faint snores, and maybe looking over at you every now and then." He admits, taking his eyes off the road for a few seconds to look at me, but looks back at the road quickly.

"Of course you have." I shake my head at him.

I try to get my other hand out of Grayson's grip, but he wouldn't let it happen.

With my other hand, I grab my phone out of the console.

"Oh, you have a lot of messages and missed calls from Ethan." Grayson tells me as I unlock my phone.

Ethan- baby, where are you?

Ethan- I'm worried about you.

Ethan- I went to your place, you wasn't there and neither was Grayson. I guess you're with him?

Ethan- I hope you're having fun with him wherever you're at... :(

Oh, I had fun alright.

Me- yes I'm with Grayson, but I'm fine. He took me to some beach that's 2 hours away. I needed to get away, but we're on our way back.

He texted back instantly.

Ethan- okay good because I miss you.

Honestly, my feelings are all over the place. I want Ethan, but yet I want Grayson. It's so confusing.

But yet again, I want to get back at Ethan for what he did to me. Childish, yes I know but I don't care.

Me- we need to talk when I get back. Don't text back back either.

Read- 2:21 p.m.

Turns out he can listen.

I lock my phone and put it back in the console. Grayson grabs my hand and squeezes it.

"So, I guess you're over him, or you don't have feelings for him anymore? Or what?" Grayson's tone was serious.

"I'm treating him how he treated me so he knows what I felt like." I tell him straight up.

He looks at me and nods his head. "Oh, well okay."

———————————

Grayson pulls up to my house and Ethan's car was there. I get out and walk up to my apartment.

I open the door and there was Ethan, sitting on the couch.

He looks over at me as his face instantly lights up.

He gets up and comes over to me- wrapping his arms around me.

I gently place my arms around him, but then let go.

Ethan let's go of me and looks me dead in the eyes.

"So, what do you need to talk to me about?" He puts his hands on my shoulders.

I look at Grayson and he just gave me that 'you can do it' look.

I take a deep breath in and look him back in his eyes.

"I think we need some time away from each other right now. I need to think about some things." I give him a sad grin and walk away from him.

Ethan just stands there. You can tell he's getting frustrated but yet you could tell he's hurt.

He doesn't say a word as he walks to the door and leaves.

I come out from around the corner and look at Grayson with sad eyes.

It honestly hurt me to tell him that, but I can't be with him when I have feelings for Grayson.

I need to figure my shit out.

I go to my room and change clothes as I make my way to my bed.

Grayson's P.O.V

After what just happened, I decided to give Bethany some space. It's what she needs.

But I get fed up of not checking on her, so I go to her room to see that she's curled up in a ball asleep.

She's barely got any sleep in the past day, so I do understand why she's asleep.

I go back to the living room as I turn the TV back on Family Guy.

It's 6:57 p.m. and I'm bored.

I decide to just watch Family Guy for a few hours since there is nothing else to do.

Bethany comes out of her room as she goes in the kitchen.

"Ughh there is nothing to eat and I'm hungry." She stomps out of the kitchen while coming into the living room.

"You wanna go grab something?" I recommend to her.

"Where at?" Her eyes go wide as she raises her eyebrows.

"In N Out?" I question her as a grin appears on her face.

"Hell yeah. Let me go change first." She goes to her room as I start putting my shoes on.

She comes back in her sweats, a grey Adidas shirt, her hair in a messy bun, and her black vans.

"Now we can go." She says while opening the door and walking out.

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't updated the past few days. School started back Monday, and I've been busy because I've been studying for our big test and exams. But I'll try to update more since it's Saturday. & since school is coming to an end.