Meeting

Shadow's POV

I was just leaving to go on a mission.... Alone. I needed to find all the chaos emeralds before Egghead finds them. The others wanted to come, but I told them I'm going on my own. Their too much of a distraction when I'm doing something. Plus I needed some time to take control of myself.

I didn't really need anything except for my guns. I left and started walking. I will have to look everywhere to find these emeralds. I walked in the woods, where it was dark. I looked around, any sign of the emeralds.

I heard something move in the bushes. I quickly got out my gun and pointed it at the bushes. A little rabbit popped out. I kept my gun pointed at him and death glared at him. He ran away and I put my gun down.

"Why do I always do that?" I asked myself. I always try to kill something so sweet and harmless when I can't control myself. I sighed and put my gun away. I continue walking in the woods.

Your POV

I was hanging from a tree in the woods, trying to escape from my thoughts. I always come down to this tree to calm down or become peaceful. I then heard footsteps not far from me. I sat up in the tree and hid in the leafs. A black and red hedgehog walked out.

I leaned forward to get a closer look but I fell down. I looked up and saw him walking towards me. "Hey are you okay?" He asked, lending a hand. I took his hand as he helped me up. "Yes. Thank you." I answered.

"You know it's not safe to be alone in the woods this late." He said. "I always come down here." I replied. He looked at me and smiled. "What's your name?" I asked. "Shadow. What's yours?" He asked.

"(Y/n)." I answered. He was looking around everywhere. "Are you looking for something?" I asked. "I'm on a mission to find the 7 chaos emeralds." He answered. I pulled out a green gem and said "like this?"

"Yes. Where did you find it?" He asked. "Over there by the bushes a couple days ago". I gave it to him and said "Can I tag along and help you find them?" "Sure." He said.

I smiled and followed him. I have to say, for a hedgehog he's pretty cute.

Shadow's POV

This girl found a chaos emerald in the woods?? I guess it would make sense since she always comes here like she said. "Can I tag along and help you find them?" She asked. "Sure." I answered with a smile. We started walking around for anymore emeralds.

It was getting dark and I thought it would be good to set up camp. Luckily I had a tent for 2 people. We got settled and she said "goodnight Shadow". "Night (y/n)".