I turned up the radio to hear one of Quality's old tracks she made for me on our fourteenth birthday, her voice was beautiful. Damn I miss her. Cyiarra sensed my discomfort reaching towards the radio to switch onto another channel but I lightly pushed her hands away stopping her. "Leave it, her voice soothes me." I smile.

As soon as I reach my destination, Keziah quickly jumped out slamming the door waking up Amari who had just fallen asleep. I shook my head as I watch her run to her mom who was at the front door with her face twisted like someone just farted in front of her.

She'll just never accept that she couldn't be with my dad forever although my dad was basically her deceased best friend's ex-boyfriend but I guess that's the power of the black dick.

"That woman needs to fix her child before she gets herself into trouble." I nodded in agreement as I drove to my mother's house; it felt like I haven't been here in ages.

Cyiarra smiles as my mother opens the door running towards her. They had an unbreakable bond, I really don't know why. "Hey baby how you doing?" My mother says giving all her attention to Cyiarra as she reached for her grandchild.

"I'm doing good Momma how about you!" She smiles as they walk inside. I shook my head grabbing my gym bag from the boot before entering my mother's house.

"What's up Kyrie?" My step dad, Xavier greets pulling me into a hug. I always thought having a step dad would be like hell but shit, it was cool as fuck since he was chill.

"I'm cool I guess, how about you?" I ask as we walk together into the kitchen where the ladies are.

"If you're good I'm good. You played harder than a motherfucker tonight. Precious was screaming at the TV like you'd be able to hear her."

"Thanks man, you know what I gotta' do if I wanna get into the best teams." He nods because he was an ex NBA player himself. He then retired due to the tiredness it was giving to him, making his breathing worse. Not stopping there,he turned into an agent and when he hooked up my mom with some modelling shit making them they fall in love.

"I guess but you still need to focus on them books." I nod agreeing. "Ma' you acting like I never won for the team today, giving all the attention to Cyiarra and shit."

"Aww I'm sorry baby." She smiles hugging me and planting a kiss on my forehead. "You know I love ya ass."

"What you cooking?" I ask watching her fry the chicken.

"Since you won I decided to make your favourite food baby." She grins.

"I love you mama." I coo hugging her. I really do, through all that she's been through for us and my father.

It's crazy how they're not together. Although she practically wasted six years of her life by waiting six years for a nigga—I mean my father who fucked her over. That's crazy. Our family is indeed crazy.

"Ma I'mma be back in a second, I'm going to check up on the trap." I inform her instantly making her and Xavier scowl.

"Ky—"

"You know it's not permanent I'm just checking up on it." I cut her off, she shooed me off as she began to converse with Cyiarra.

I opened the door to the trap surprisingly seeing my father. He pretty much left the game when Quality was kidnapped, raped and drugged causing her death, another one of his daughters was taken due to the drug industry and he just couldn't take it. I actually never thought he'd leave but I guess that was one of his weak spots. I still remember how he broke down at the funeral five years ago, he basically knew her for five years since he was in jail and I knew it broke him to the core when she died cause not even his mother dying made him leaving this lifestyle.