Chapter 23 P.2

Your favorite characters are up. I made a mistake though: Precious is meant to be 23 and Nehemiah is meant to be 29 but I lowered it down to 26, his ass is too old. Unedited-

Gold

The clock ticking and the machines beeping were the only sound you could hear in the room. As much as I hated hospitals, I had to be here, for my... I don't even know what to call her right now.

Turning my face, I stared at her still body. I mean, what did I do wrong?

I understand I was locked down for six years and put you through a lot of shit but that doesn't give you a reason to get pregnant by the man you've been cheating on me with. As much as I wanna kill his ass, I ain't getting myself back in jail.

"Is she up yet?" Aaliyah asked peeking through the door.

"Nah." I replied dryly. "The doctors said she'll be up any time soon though."

It's been exactly two weeks since the incident happened and it's been hell for all of us. I got niggas all night looking for the person who caused it and no one had the answers. What hurt me the most was that I had to tell the kids she went out for a trip in Paris, there was no way I'm telling my six year olds their mother is here fighting for her life.

"Man, she gon' make it don't worry. The doctors said she's been replying to her medicine which is good."

"It ain't all that. There's a fifty percent chance she'll have to learn how to walk again, you know how long that shit take? And I know for sure she ain't gonna like that big ass cut on her cheek, she a model remember that 'Liyah."

"You're overthinking too much, I'm sure some cream can make that cut go." She smirked taking a seat next to me.

"Nigga this ain't the time for jokes." I chuckled. "Anyway, why the hell you here so early."

"It's been what like a month after Kyrie and Quality started school and the school is blowing up the house phone askin' me to pick Kyrie up. I'm glad you here man now you can put his small black ass in place."

I chuckled once again. I'm glad that I can finally hold my children without being watched by the police. Now all I gotta do is make up the six years that's been missing. "Leave my boy alone, he just like me when I was in school. Do Precious beat him?"

"Sometimes, when she don't I do it for her. That nigga thinks just cause he got shot he the man now."

"We gotta get a lot of shit back in place now."

"Honestly? Precious already in here fighting for her life, Kyrie's ass nearly got killed, Jasmine got raped and you still wanna go back?"

"Hell yeah! That's what put food in yo' table six years ago now it's Precious's fame. Double that we gone be good forever."

"Precious's fame! If you slip and land yo' ass back in jail Precious's name gon' be dirty."

"That's the thing. I ain't gon' slip. I got a lot of unfinished business to handle and finding who did this to Precious is on top of the list."

"I'm sure the police are on it. News got around quick as hell and everyone worried."

"Police are prolly' gon' stop searching the case a week later. She black remember that they don't care if she famous or not."

"You overthinking, chill."

"I'm not overthinking I'm thinking in advance, chill."

She let out a deep breath knowing she's just been defeated. Times like this, all you can do is think in advance so nothing can happen to your family.As much as I'm starting to hate Precious she's still part of my family.