Chapter 27

Part 1

The black dress code made everything look so dull.

The way family members who no one knew about finally decide to appear when something tragic something finally happens.

Precious dubbed the white tissue against her face to stop the tears which wouldn't stop falling. Hearing her children cry made her even more upset and her heart ache but she couldn't stop it from happening, she knew what she was feeling couldn't be compared to what Nehemiah was feeling, he just lost his mother.

The bags under Nehemiah's eyes were evident that he hasn't been getting any sleep after what happened on Christmas Eve.

The day where all family should be gathered together celebrating the birth of Jesus turned to something so horrible.

Precious trying her best to console her ex boyfriend, rubbed his back knowing it must be hard for him right now. Although he wasn't crying like she thought he would she could tell he was hurting like hell inside.

It was so confusing. Why would God do this to them? Why would God take away such a precious gem away from their lives?

After the pastor spent at least fifteen minutes preaching, he called out close family members to the stand.

Since the others were so sober, Precious decided to go on first wanting to be strong.

Precious cleared her throat staring at the people she's never met before. Taking a deep breath she began.

"I first met Cheri six years ago when I was 16. At first, judging by how Nehemiah was I thought she'd be one of those crazy overprotective moms but when I met her everything changed, if you know me you should know my childhood and as I grew up I hardly had a mom but Cheri made me feel real different. She was a mom I never had and that's what makes me love her so much." Just remembering the first time Precious met Cheri made Precious break down, she wiped her tears before continuing. "As we began to get closer, she told me what she's been through and I've always wondered why the hell does she have such a strong smile on her face after everything she's been through. Why is she so calm when life has treated her like trash. As I grew older I began to understand that you can't blame the world for what has happened to you instead make a difference so what happened to you wont happen again. She was such a strong woman and I look up to her for that, she was a mother I never really had and she was beautiful and independent. Honestly, I'm glad God took an angel out of this rough world and finally decided to give her some peace which she needed. Cheri will always be loved and she most defiantly will be missed."

Precious took the time to walk over to the oak coffin and kissed Cheri's forehead not caring what she went though during the funeral process.

Taking a seat next to Nehemiah, she hugged him tightly resting her head on his buff shoulders.

"You can do it, be strong for us and her baby." Precious tells him, he nods walking over to stand.

"It's crazy man," Nehemiah sighs rubbing his temple. "You never realise what you got until you lose it. It's crazy how God can take such a beautiful and strong woman away from someone who needs her so much. The moment when she told me that she had cancer and she was dying, I was done. Like, I began to realise how much time I wasted doing this stupid drug shit meanwhile I should've been taking care of my moms. She's always told me not to blame myself but it's hard, what if I was there when she needed me the most. What if I was there when I was behind bars. Like everything would be so different. I feel like shit for everything I put her through after what she has been through. Now that I need her the most she's gone. It's not far man, the woman that made me today, the woman that never left my back and accepted me for what I done is gone and nobody can ever replace her, knowing that she won't ever come back kills me the most man. It ain't fair man." He broke down the tears he was holding back.