Epilogue

12 years later...

I wiped the sweat off my forehead as the buzzer rang just as I scored the last winning shot. A feeling of pure joy rushed over me as I was surrounded by my team mates piling themselves on top of me, shit, I guess I was a young Steph Curry/ Kobe in the making.

I watched my coach smile as he crossed his arms. He would normally have a scold on his face but who would if your basketball team just won the season.

"Well done kid." Coach Knight says as he hands me a bottle of water. I nod my head leaving him to go to the changing room.

"Baby." I heard a loud recognisable squeal behind me. I turn around to meet with my girlfriend two years holding our nine month old daughter, Amari. That's what happens when you're young and dumb and no condom feels better.

"I swear I could hear you scream my name during the game." I tell my Jamaican beauty, Cyiarra who was planting kisses all over my face.

"I had to support my baby and let these bitches know who I am." She smirks as she puts a strand of her hair behind her ear.

I smile planting a kiss on her lips, "Baby you the only one that I want." I tell her what she always wants to hear. "Get out of here it stinks; wait for me in the car." I order planting a kiss on Amari's forehead.

She smiles nodding her head as she leaves letting me get changed. "Bro' you fucked that shit up back there." My best friend Darrel says pulling me into a side hug.

"No nigga we fucked that shit up." I correct him, I don't like when all the attention is on me although I certainly knew I was the best player in the team.

"You going to the after party tonight? Bad bitches and shit is gon' be there." I shook my head, he knew what the answer was gonna be.

"You know I'm going to chill with my fam." I inform as I put on my Jordans before putting my basketball kit in the gym bag.

"It's an after party bruh'" I shook my head as I reached my hand out to do the handshake we always done.

"See you later bro."

"Where we going to celebrate?" Cyiarra asks as I enter the car. I took the time to reach back and grab my daughter.

"I'mma pick up my sister take her home then I'mma go to my momma's crib then checking up on the house then we celebrating, whatever you wanna do." I say as I make funny faces at my baby making her laugh. She looked just like me with a smooth cocoa skin complexion and huge hazel eyes she got from Cyiarra's grandmother.

"You spent so much time out I just want to chill with you." Cyiarrra says planting a kiss on my cheek again.

I raise my eyebrow. "You gon' make up the time we lost in the bedroom?" I smirk instantly making her smile.

"You crazy." She smiles uncontrollably as I start up the car but I knew she'd be saying something different when it's time.

"Hey Kyrie and co." My twelve year old half-sister, Keziah greets. She had all of my father's features just with Liana's hair and attitude.

"Yo', don't play that shit here K or you can walk ya' ass home." I tell her. She felt as if ever since I started dating Cyiarra our relationship has gone out the window which she hated but she had to face it, I have a family and trying to pursue a basketball career although I try to make time for everyone.

"Hi Cyiarra." She says in a whisper before she put her seatbelt on. I saw her kiss Amari in the forehead that was in the car seat. "Happy?"

"I don't know what ya momma be teaching you but you heading for some trouble." I mumble as Cyiarra greets her back.