Chapter 24

Y'all like the new book cover? 

Aaliyah Jade Cortez, 20. Jasmine Marie Cortez 21. Destiny Grace Cortez: 23

Precious

It was clear that Gold and I didn't have a future together other than just parents. He doesn't even live with us but he came round often and took the kids out to have the time of their lives whilst I'm here trying get back on my feet. When he did come round, we'd just walk right past each other like we never had a history but I understand.

As much as I really do miss him and want to talk to him it's for the best. I wouldn't be surprised if he already had a girl cause he looked pretty happy ever since our argument but shit, it's life.

I stood in front of the sink leaning on my crutches as I took a sip of water swallowing my second pill. Grabbing the packet again, I took another one and put it on the tip of my tongue before I filled my cup up with water.

"Overdosing ain't gon' do nothin' but kill you." I heard his deep voice say behind him. Sighing and slightly rolling my eyes I swallowed my drink, ignoring him.

He looked at me thoroughly before taking a seat in front of the marble island and looking back down at his phone which instantly made him happy but I didn't question it.

I took the lift to my floor before entering my room. As much as I wanted to take a shower I couldn't, I have to wait until Destiny, Aaliyah or Jasmine come back.

I lay back in my queen sized bed admiring the life of being crippled. I just hope whoever done this to me burns in hell.

"Life of being crippled." I said to the camera before posting the seven second video up on Instagram which got thousands of likes and comments in a matter of seconds.

As far as my job goes, I'll have to wait a few months before I do another photo shoot and that's what I hate the most.

"Shower time!" Aaliyah yelled causing me to rise up.

"What the fuck man?!" I snapped rubbing my eyes. "Who does that?"

"Hurry up, I'm hungry." She groaned helping me up and taking me to my own bathroom.

"Is Gold still here?" I asked as she helped me sit down on the toilet seat.

"Nah he took the kids out again. That nigga didn't even wait for us to come." She laughed as she leaned on the bath tub watching the hot water run. "Y'all need to fix this bullshit, real talk."

"It's been a month he don't want shit from me."

"I'mma tell you the truth Precious but I feel like you're just waiting for him to step forward and talk. If he ain't you should."

"I'm not I just know he doesn't want anything to do with me. We've talked about everything we needed to talk about I guess."

"I don't believe it I'd say to talk one last time to clear everything off but you do whatever you wanna do boo."

"It's not that easy Aaliyah. If it was wouldn't you think he'd be living with us right now?"

"I don't know I haven't been through the shit y'all going through right now but I'm better off without it."

-

"What d'you mean you lost the baby!" Lamar snapped standing up from his seat.

"Do you expect the baby to survive a car accident?! Are you serious?" I snapped back rolling my eyes. I knew meeting him was going to be a mistake especially out in public.