Chapter 13: Spencer's Confession

Brooklyn and Bethany: 6 months

Hanna's POV:

I wake up to the sound of someone knocking harshly on the front door. Caleb continues to snore as the knocking gets louder so I decide to go and see who it is. I pull on a black silk robe and creep out of the bedroom.

I walk downstairs and open the door to see Spencer standing on my porch with 2 suitcases and a child that looked about 3.

"I can explain...... Can I come in?" She says her grip tightening on the little boy's hand.

"Uhhh Sure" I say and lead her into the kitchen.

We sit down at the kitchen table and I make us some Tea.

"So who is this?" I say pointing to the little boy sitting beside Spencer.

"This is Adam Toby Cavanaugh. He's my son." Spencer replies while the child snuggles deeper into Spencer's chest.

"You have a son? What? When?......." I say shocked.

"Yes. He is 3. You're the first person I've told other than Toby." She says.

"Ok. So why didn't you tell us? Everyone would have supported you! Did you not think you could trust us?" I say starting to get angry.

'I didn't know what you guys would think. When Toby and I went to New York during the Summer, I found out that I was pregnant. That's why we didn't come back for so long. After he was born, We brought him back to Rosewood and bought a new apartment together. My parents would be so angry, They never approved of our relationship in the first place! They would kill me if they knew that we had a child!" She says starting to tear up.

"Ok. But why are you here now?" I ask, quickly turning my head towards the suitcases.

"Toby kicked us out. He said he couldn't handle it anymore." She says.

"I can offer you the guest room. But only for a short time. This isn't permanent." I say to her.

"Thanks Hanna, It really means alot. I am going to look for an apartment tomorrow."She says.

I lead her up the stairs and into the guest bedroom and she puts her stuff down.

As I walk out of the guest bedroom, I peek into the girls' bedroom and see them quietly sleeping. I close the door back over and head into my bedroom. As soon as I walk in Caleb bombards me with questions.

"Where did you go? Who was that at the door?" He says sitting up in the bed and pushing the covers off him.

"It was Spencer. Her and Adam need somewhere to stay for a bit." I say climbing back into bed while Caleb places a kiss on my forehead.

"Wait, Who's Adam?" Caleb says.

"He's her son." I say as I fall back asleep in Caleb's soft muscular arms.

480 Words