Chapter 2: This can't be happening

5 days after the wedding

Hanna's POV

This morning I woke up and felt sick. I rushed to the bathroom, tripping over my shoes on my the way. I ran in and closed the door and threw up. This was the 2nd morning in a row that this had happened.

I looked in the mirror and lifted up my shirt. There was a small bump hanging out of my stomach. 'No No No' I thought, ' This can't be happening!'

"Han? Are you alright?!!" Caleb asks from outside the door.

"Yeah, I'll be out in a sec!" I quickly reply trying to make myself not sound suspicious.

"Ok, I've got to get to work now. Are you sure you are alright?" Caleb asks.

"Yep, Everything is great! I'll see you later" I try to sound better than I feel.

I hear him mumble a faint "Ok" as he walks down the stairs and closes the door behind him.

I run to the window and watch his car come out of the garage and down the street until I can't see it anymore.

I run down the stairs and grab my keys and phone and get into my car and drive to the store.

After I eventually find a parking spot, I run into the shop and grab 3 tests. I go over to the counter and pay for them. I drive home and run into the bathroom and do what the tests instructs.

I walk around the room pacing fast. This is the longest 5 minutes of my life! I think to myself. Eventually I hear the timer beep and I slowly walk back into the bathroom and look down at the tests.

Positive.
Positive.
Positive.

Oh Crap.

Caleb's POV

Hanna was acting really weird this morning. My shift ended in about 15 minutes so I was going to run but the florist and grab some flowers for Hanna before I went home.

I pulled into a parking spot right outside the shop and walked in. The man behind the counter greeted me as I came in. I decided on a bouquet of roses because I know that's her favourite.

When I drive into the garage, and park my car, I walk into the house and can't see Hanna anywhere. I walk up the staircase and see our bedroom door closed. I go up to the door and hear faint sobs coming from inside the door. I knock gently on the door.

"Are you Ok? Babe answer me!! Please open the door! " I say quickly

"I'm fine Caleb! Just give me a minute!" She responds.

I hear the door unlock and out steps Hanna with red puffy eyes and a tear streaked face.

"Aww Babe, what's wrong?" I ask hugging her tight.

"Caleb, I have something to tell you......" She replies looking up at me.

"What is it? You can tell me" I respond

"I'm, I'm Pregnant!" She replies bursting into more tears.

494 Words