Chapter 7: Mishaps

Hanna: 4 1/2 months pregnant

Caleb went to work this morning bright and early, leaving me laying in bed by myself, waiting for the sun to rise. At about 7 am I decided to get up and get some breakfast, because Aria was coming in an hour to pick me up so that we could go shopping and so I could tell her that she was the twins godmother. As I was walking down the stairs, I trip on one of my shoes and fall straight on my back. One minute I was awake and crying and the next everything went black.

Aria's POV:

I arrive at Hanna's at about 8:05 and walk up to the front door. I knock and wait for her to come to the door, but she doesn't. I knock again and there is still no reply. I look under the welcome mat and find a key. I unlock the door slowly.

"Hanna? Are you here?" I say walking towards the kitchen.

And in that moment my whole body froze, when I saw my best friend lying unconscious on the stairs. I grab my phone out of my purse and dial 911.

"911, what's your emergency?" The operator says.

"My best friend, I think she must've fell down the stairs. She, She's unconscious. She is pregnant! Please send someone to help her!" I reply barely getting the whole sentence out due to the tears running down my face.

"I will send for someone right now. What is your friend's name and address?" The operator replies.

"Her, Her name is Hanna Marin and we are at 42 Streamdale Lane, Rosewood." I say quickly.

"Ok, help is on the way. Just keep an eye on your friend." The operator says. And with that she hung up.

I had been lying with Hanna for about 5 minutes when I hear sirens coming closer to the house. Paramedics come bursting through the front door and lift Hanna up and put her onto the stretcher. I get into the back of the ambulance with Hanna and we are taken to Rosewood Hospital.

Caleb's POV:

I am in the middle of typing an email when my phone rings.

"Hello?" I say into the phone

"Yeah Hi, Is this Mr Caleb Rivers?" The lady says.

"Yes it is" I reply.

"Ok, This is Rosewood Hospital, Your wife Hanna Rivers, has just fallen down the stairs and is in surgery right now. We think you should be here." The receptionist says back into the phone.

And with that, I immediately hang up and grab my keys and run out the doors and jump into my car and drive straight to the hospital.

I run to the front desk.

"Hanna Rivers please" I say out of breath from all the running.

"Uhh, Room 142." The woman behind the counter says smiling at me.

I run to the elevator and go up to Level 1. I go into Hanna's room and see her lying in the bed with a nurse checking her blood pressure.

"Caleb! I'm so sorry!" She says crying

The nurse leaves and I give Hanna a kiss.

"I'm so glad you're Ok!" I respond as the doctor comes in.

"Hello Hanna. How are you feeling?" The doctor says picking up Hanna's file.

"Ok, I guess." She replies.

"Well that is to be expected. You were very lucky. You've only suffered a broken wrist, which we will cast up later. I just need to quickly do an ultrasound to make sure the babies are okay. If you want to lift up your shirt for me, We can have a look." The doctor says starting up the machine.

Hanna's POV:

I lift up my shirt and link my fingers into Caleb's. He squeezes my hand tightly as the doctor moves the remote around my stomach. Then I hear it. Two heartbeats. I let out the breath I was holding. Everything was amazing now. My girls were both Ok, and in that moment, nothing else mattered to me.

645 Words