Chapter 2: Blind Love and Its Confessions

Start from the beginning

"Jonny... Do they hate us?" Chris asked with tears rolling down his face.

"No, no! Of course not! We just need some time away," I lied. I was sugar coating the truth to endure a major depression.

"Don't lie to me," He said sternly.

I took in a deep breath and forced myself to look Chris right in the eye. "I-I... I honestly don't know now..." I muttered.

His tears clumped into big, unwieldy drops that flew down his face at the speed of sound. I scooted towards him and nuzzled his head into my chest. Chris sobbed and soaked my shirt with his upset tears .

"We still have each other," I said.

Chris lifted his head and tried to smile at me, to lighten the mood. But his tears got in the way, only they came down slower. I wanted to fix him... And the only way I knew was to kiss him, to take all pain away.

He read my mind and kissed me first, tenderly and sweetly. I reciprocated it and our lips moved in sync, a fluent motion that seemed to be one.

We kissed for about three minutes until I heard some harsh yelling outside our door. I retracted from Chris and listened to the angry men.

"Look what you've done!" A voice growled. It was Will.

"What?!" Phil and Guy said, playing the innocent card.

"Oh my fucking God! You realise you could have potentially destroyed our band, just because you can't accept Chris and Jonny!" Will shrieked.

"We're fine with it!" Guy exclaimed.

"I know you're not!" Will retorted.

"We are, Will! For the last fucking time, we accept it!" Phil yelled with exasperation teeming in his voice.

"Really?! Then go tell them and be fucking sincere!" Will challenged.

Phil and Guy didn't say anything. They nodded and opened the door. I immediately scowled.

Sincerity played on their solemn faces.

"Chris, Jonny- We're sorry we lied, okay? It's an uncomfortable subject to brush on, but we're okay with it," Phil said.

Guy nodded, admitting and acknowledging all that Phil just said.

I was silent for a moment before I looked up. "Okay."

Phil and Guy shared a grin. Chris threw his arms around me in joy, and the two didn't seem disturbed. Will walked into the room and grinned at all of us looking so content with each other.

3 Months Before the Present...

-Jonny's PoV-

The long, ringing chords of my guitar resonated in my head. They bounced around before exiting.

Chris looked at me with a giddy grin, gently resting his hand on my arm and crawling up to my hand to retrieve the pick. He toyed with the slender, triangular piece of plastic.

"That was lovely, Jonny!" He exclaimed ecstatically.

"You really think?" I chuckled, disbelieving him.

"Of course, don't be ridiculous!" He said, playfully hitting my arm.

I simpered, snatching my pick from him and readying myself to ostentatiously brag my guitar skills.

Chris gazed at me with his soft, ocean blue eyes and played a warm smile, encouraging me to go.

Lightly, I strummed my guitar before breaking into a long and echoing version of Bohemian Rhapsody. I got pretty into it and stood up, furiously fingering the chords out and jamming all around Chris' living room. The last chord I played was scratchy and uneven, unlike the rest of my clangourous, awe-striking chords.