Chapter 2: Blind Love and Its Confessions

***

Okay, next chapter. We get to watch Jonny and Chris confessing. And maybe going back even further in time to see where they fell in love.

***

Chapter 2:

B L I N D   L O V E   A N D   I T S   C O N F E S S I O N S

Two Weeks Earlier...

-Jonny's PoV-

I swallowed hard and glanced at Chris. He looked just as nervous as me. Phil, Guy, and Will stared at both of us intently, waiting for us to get out what we had to say. But neither Chris nor I wanted to say it. We were scared of their reactions.

Chris decided to speak up. "Will, Guy, Phil- We, Jonny and I..." His words weakened and faded away with a red face and cold sweats.

I had to go. Now or never. "Chris and I are..." But I couldn't bring myself to confess.

Guy was looking rather impatient, but Phil and Will looked sympathetic. Guy didn't see the worry or shame or pain. He didn't know what was to come.

"Well, what is it?" He inquired.

I threw an anxious look at Chris, who nodded.

"Jonny and I are in love..." Chris whispered, looking down at the carpet in humiliated shame.

"Are you joking?" Phil asked with bulging eyes.

"No..." I muttered sheepishly.

"But what about your wives and children? Don't you still love them?" Will asked.

"Well, of course we do. But I have found love with Chris, too..." Jonny admitted.

"Are you guys okay with this?" I asked, hoping for an honest answer.

The three communicated with their eyes, nodding and looking a bit nervous.

"Yeah," Will answered unsurely.

But I didn't believe it. I thought that my three best friends were lying to me, for the first time ever.

Their eyes were still on Chris and me. I pulled him in for a quick kiss, and they all winced and averted their gaze elsewhere.

"No, you're not," I shook my head, standing up.

"We're fine with it!" Phil argued defensively.

"No, you flinched when I kissed him!" I said. My anger was boiling. I really couldn't believe they lied to us. "What do you think, Chris?" I asked.

Phil stared at Chris with a hint of anger in his eyes. Maybe he was angry because we didn't believe his lies.

"Umm..." Chris was evidently under pressure. "I'm not sure... I hope you guys can accept us..." He murmured timidly, looking up at me.

"We're fine with it, Chris," Phil said in a softer tone.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. Guy glared at me. It pissed me off that they couldn't accept us and lied about it.

Chris' eyes were focused on Phil, trying to see if he was lying. I wanted to yell and scream at all three until they admitted they were lying, but that wouldn't do anything.

Instead, I kissed Chris again, with slightly more force. Will's face was blank, Phil looked disturbed, and Guy looked like he was disgusted.

"See! You have a problem with us!" I yelled.

This time they didn't say anything. Phil, Guy, and Will merely stood up and trudged awkwardly out of the room. I glared at them in disgust until they shut our door. Then I directed my focus on Chris.