Ship Names

Yes, I have chosen a topic that stupid to rant about.

With that said, have you ever come across a show and you start shipping the couple in that show? And then when you look up that ship name for them, it turns out to be the most horrific match made in hell?

Lemme explain what I mean by that.

The thing with ship names is that they are either a match made in heaven, or a science lab experiment gone horribly wrong.

THE MAJORITY OF SHIP NAMES IN HARRY POTTER THO.

(This is a relatable gif, sue me)

I swear, I cringe everytime I have to say the ship name for Harry and Ginny. There's a reason why I spell out the two names rather than just write "Hinny" everytime. I ship those two like crazy but come on, you have to admit that the ship name for the pair is pretty stupid.

Same thing for Sebastian and Ciel from Black Butler. I mentioned this briefly in one of my last rants and my point still stands. The ship name for those two just sounds so weird to say. It doesn't help the fact that I don't necessarily ship those two to begin with.

Some other ship names are kind of underwhelming. Not good, but not exactly bad either. Like Edward and Winry's (Fullmetal Alchemist) ship name for example. It's Edwin. Not too bad, but its not like it was meant to be great either. Again, I ship these two like crazy. For Mustang and Hawkeye, it's Royai. (I think. Someone look it up and tell me if it's wrong.) But it seems nice enough though.

But then there's the ship names in Fairy Tail.

I don't know, maybe I'm used to them from the start but it sounds so much like a name, it sort of just flows along

I don't know, maybe I'm used to them from the start but it sounds so much like a name, it sort of just flows along. Nalu is the ship name for Natsu and Lucy and honestly, it couldn't have sounded any better. Gruvia and Jezra sound like actual ship names but tbh, again, they flow along together really well. Even Nali. I couldn't ship Natsu and Lisanna if the world depended on it (unless Mashima makes it canon, which is a 10-20% possibility) but the ship name nevertheless sounds kind of nice to say as well.

I would technically have a whole lot of other examples but I'm guessing majority of you got the gist by now. XDXD So I'll leave it here.

Holy shit this book has 8k views. OMG I'm so happy. Like the fact that majority of my readers can relate to what I'm saying is suprising and yet expected at the same time. Thank you guys!

On the other hand, a friend of mine mentioned that I should do Miraculous Ladybug as a rant topic and quite honestly, it hadn't even crossed my mind until now. I solemnly promise to do the rant once I deal with some stuff in my life. I swear, I have been getting panic attacks for some reason.

Oh well. Sayonara! :D