Chapter 47 - Awkward

Mulai dari awal

Nabi straightened out of her bow. "I'm Park Nabi." She smiled while sticking out her hand.

"Nice to meet you." His mom says while shaking Nabi's hand. "Please, come sit." She pointed to the single couch across from where Dami was sitting.

Nabi nodded and sat on the chair, as everyone awkwardly stood around her. She stared at everyone who stared back at her with unreadable facial expressions She felt like they expected her to say something but she was waiting on them to start firing question after question. Even Kwon Jiyong didn't know what was going on as he stared at Nabi's frantic state. She was panicking, anyone could see it. However, she was trying her best to hide it with a smile. Though, the corners of her lips slightly trembled due to her unsettling nerves.

"Nabi-ssi, don't be nervous." Kwon Jiyong's mother smiled.

"Oh, you can speak informally to me." Nabi says.

"Can I? Nabi-ah?" She says with a light chuckle as she dropped formalities. "You haven't eaten yet. Right?" She smiled. "We prepared kimbap to eat once we arrived."

Kwon Jiyong rolled his lips into his mouth to stop himself from chuckling. Nabi's eyes grew wide at the challenge. Kwon Jiyong wanted to see if she was going to eat it normally or the way she wanted to. She liked to eat the seaweed last, which was weird to Kwon Jiyong because it was probably hard to peel the seaweed off.

"Here." Kwon Jiyong's mom handed her a plate with multiple pieces of sliced kimbap.

"Thank you. I will eat very well." Nabi says with a light bow.

(A/N: When receiving food from anyone there is an expression that must be said before and after eating. I'm not sure if you guys find "I will eat very well." Weird because it's not said in America or anywhere I know as a respectful way to accept food. So before eating it's 잘 먹겠습니다 (Jal moke get sum nida) which literally translates into I will eat well and after eating 잘 먹었습니다 (Jal moke got sum nida) and this translates into I ate well. Thank you for listening in on BeMostLike's sad excuse of a Korean lesson. 감사합니다 *bows annoyingly*)

Nabi shoved a piece of kimbap into her mouth and chewed on it. She smiled at Kwon Jiyong's family who stared at her expectantly. Nabi raised a thumbs up, indicating how good it tastes. Kwon Jiyong just chuckled to himself as he watched Nabi force herself to eat it like how everyone else ate it.

"You can eat it normally Nabi." Kwon Jiyong says.

Nabi looked at him and shook her head. "I don't know what you're talking about. This is fine." She lied while covering her kimbap filled mouth to speak to him.

"Wait what does he mean by normal?" Dami asks.

"I have no idea." Nabi says glaring at Kwon Jiyong.

Kwon Jiyong sighed. "I don't know either."

After eating, Kwon Jiyong's family began asking Nabi questions about herself. Normal questions people ask to get to know somebody. Most of the questions consisted of Nabi's own personal life. Like where she was from and what does she do for a living. A question she didn't want to hear was who were her father and mother. Her family background. She didn't know if they frowned upon people who get divorced because her parents are divorced.

"What is it that you do?" Kwon Dami asks.

"I'm a vocal coach for YG Entertainment. I train all the trainees." Nabi says.

"So you're a singer. Have you ever tried debuting as one?" Kwon Jiyong's mother asks.

Nabi smiled awkwardly. "I did but it didn't work out."