Chapter 55 - Happy Mother's Day

Yang Hyun-Ae entered the large office. She sighed with a small smile tugging at her lips, as her eyes roamed the office that she hasn't been to in so long. She bowed politely the moment the director looked up from his desk. Upon seeing who had entered his office, he immediately stood up and bowed politely at her.

"Hyun-Ae ssi, I didn't know you were here." He says.

She smiled. "It's nice to see you oppa. Or should I address you as Director Oh now?"

"Whatever you want to call me, honestly. Please sit." He says pointing to the sectionals in the office.

She nodded. "Thank you." She says taking a seat.

"What brings you here? Did you just came back to Korea?" He asks.

"I've been back in Korea for almost a year." She chuckled. "However, I was here, in your care, for the past three weeks." She says.

"How can I not know?! Why didn't you come and let me know you were here. You would've been given VIP treatment." He shot out of his seat and bowed apologetically.

She chuckled and shook her head. "Don't worry about it." She smiles. "I'm here because I had to be. However, nobody can know why I was here. Obviously you'll look over my records for my three week stay."

"What do you mean? Nabi doesn't know?" He asked shock.

"No and she can't. If this gets heard by Joo Won who will immediately tell Nabi, I will haunt you for the rest of your life." She says threatening.

(A/N: If none of you have no idea who she is, It's Nabi and Nara's mom.)

"I won't. I promise." He says with a bow.

"Thank you oppa." She smiles. "Please, don't let anyone know of my presence here. For now, I will go." She smiled.

With that, Yang Hyun-Ae stood up and left his office. She had a few places to go to before she could finally go home. She sighed as she exited the building and onto the busy street with cars zooming by. She went to the edge of the road to flag down a taxi. Which didn't take long. A lot of taxi cabs roamed the streets freely. So she easily scored one.

Hyun-Ae got in with little effort and gave the cab driver the address to her next stop. She sat patiently while looking out the window, watching buildings pass and cars zoom by. Her thoughts were running. She was finally at peace with herself and of the remaining issues of her past. One she tried very hard to shield away from her daughters. She worried the most for Nabi because she was a part of it and could easily be pulled back into burdens the burdens of her mother. Which was why her next stop was at a law firm.

"Please wait out front. I have one more place to go after this." Yang Hyun-Ae says before getting out of the taxi cab and walking up the steep steps leading into the large law firm.

She passed by people, all wearing black or grey suits with different ties. Women, carried briefcases with their hair properly pulled back into a neat bun. She sighed looking at all the lawyers and attorneys under the law firm. Yang Hyun-Ae knew exactly where she needed to go. She got onto a crowded elevator that lifted up until the tenth floor before she exited along with a few other people. She walked down halls with doors to conference rooms that were currently holding meetings upon meetings. People in cubicles working hard. Each person had their own unique set of stacked papers and folders, stacked highly on their work desks. Through out the office, people were on the phone, typing on computers and even stretching in their spot. None seemed to notice who came into the building since they were all so invested into their jobs.

As she stopped in front of a door with a secretary working at her own desk, she waited for the secretary to notice her. She didn't want to bother someone who looked extremely busy and tired. Once the secretary noticed her standing there, the secretary placed all her papers that she was sorting through flat on her desk and sighed in annoyance for being disturbed.