Chapter 7 - Forced Date

Nabi, currently in the gym, with her class. She was making the singers sing while running. She kept trying to train them on not straining their voice while doing extreme dance routines. She had a co-ed class this time. Nabi however didn't give the girls any slack. They were running the same pace as the boys and they were all singing the same note. Nabi had on the same workout outfits as the girls. She wasn't going to just stand around watching them run. She ran in between both the boys and the girls, singing Korea's national anthem in every pitch.

"Okay, we're going to go a note higher." Nabi said breathing heavily. "The last note alright? If you boys can't hit it, don't force it out. Just try your best not to strain your throats like I taught you guys."

"Yes teacher." They said in unison.

"Ready? Set. Go!" Nabi said starting off the Korea's national anthem.

When they finally finished, everyone instantly hit the red button on the treadmill. They all bent over, huffing and puffing. Nabi shook her head and started straightening their posture to breath better. She handed each of them a water bottle and smiled happily at them. The lesson worked better than she remembered when she was going through the same process. This process was going to help their singing become stronger when performing live. Running on the treadmill helped mimic their breathless singing while dancing on stage. The more they do it, the better their singing will be live.

"Wow, you guys sound great!" Nabi smiled cheerfully. "Just one thing." She said hearing silent groans come out of the trainees. "We're going to be doing this three times a week. Be prepared. Trust me, the more you do this, the better results will appear doing live performances."

"Teacher!" One of the female students called out.

"Yes?" Nabi smiled.

"Was this a vocal warm up?" She asked.

Nabi shook her head. "No. We'll be doing that in a minute. As soon as we can catch our breaths."

"If that wasn't vocal warm ups, what was that?" One of the boys asked.

Nabi sighed and closed her eyes tightly. "Guys." She dragged out and opened her eyes. "Were any of you guys even listening to me?" She asked.

"We can't hear you if our heart is screaming in our ears." One of the girls complained.

Nabi smiled. "Aigoo. Fine! I'll explain it again. If none of you listen this time, that's going to be another ten minutes running and singing. I'll make you wear weights on your ankles too." Nabi threatened. "Don't take my warning lightly."

They all nodded, waiting for her to explain. Before Nabi could get a word out, she spotted Kwon Ji Yong entering the gym, wearing the same clothes he came to pick her up in. Skinny jeans ripped at the knees and a white t-shirt with a jacket. He smiled at seeing Nabi who in return stared blankly with her big button eyes. The trainees followed Nabi's eye view and caught their sunbae walking through the gym. They bowed at seeing him enter. Kwon Ji Yong just smiled at them.

"Okay kids, go take a break back in the room downstairs. Drink only warm water. I mean it Yebin! I'll come and talk to you guys after." Nabi said to the trainees as they gathered their belongings and rushed out of the exercise room. Nabi looked at Kwon Ji Yong. "Why are you here?" Nabi asked.

"I'm a music artist under the company." He replied playfully.

Nabi sighed. "I know. I mean, what are you doing here?" She said pointing to the gym floor under her feet.

"Ah~" Kwon Ji Yong said smiling. "You mean, in the gym." He nodded. "We have to set ground rules. After you're done work, let's go eat dinner where we can talk more privately about it."