Chapter 15 - Warm Comfort

Kwon Jiyong started to wake up from his deep sleep. His headache was long gone and his stomach no longer in pain. He slowly lifted his eyelids, letting the light fill his vision and sat up in bed and stretched out his cramped limbs. He heard those soft snores, coming from the side of him and looked over to where the sound was coming from, he saw Nabi sitting in a chair, with her upper half sleeping on Kwon Jiyong's bed. Her face completely in his bed comforter, snoring. Her short hair spread around her head from her awkward sleeping position. He looked around the room and spotted a big metal bowl on his bedside table. He leaned over to see what was inside and could see that the bowl was filled with water. A small white rag completely submerged into the water. He felt his forehead to feel the cool surfaces of his skin compared to his temperature from the last time he had checked. He couldn't believe that Nabi stayed over night to take care of him. Nobody but his mother and elder siblings ever did that for him. His hand went over his heart as he felt it flutter from how sweet Nabi is.

"Am I still sick?" He asked himself. "Why am I feeling like this?" He flinched when Nabi suddenly shot up from the bed, knocking the chair she was sitting on, onto it's side."Nabi-ah." He said in shock.

"I'm sorry!" She bowed. "I didn't know I was going to fall asleep like that."

Kwon Jiyong reached out and took hold of her wrist, pulling her down to sit on his bed across from him. Without warning Nabi was being squeezed into a warm hug. Kwon Jiyong wrapped his arms around Nabi's shoulders, brining her to his chest. She hadn't expected to get hugged so it caused her body to stay still. She was stiff in the hug but Kwon Jiyong didn't notice, or cared and pulled out of the hug after awhile. He placed his hands over both her shoulders and looked her in round eyes.

"You don't have to be sorry for anything." He said.

Kwon Jiyong flipped the blanket off the bottom half of his body and got out of the bed from the other side. Nabi continued to sit on his bed, shocked beyond prepared from the surprise hug. She never gotten much hugs except from Nara and Joo Won. She usually gave hugs to her mom but to receive a hug from someone like Kwon Jiyong, made her feel different after the hug.

"I'm going to shower and get ready for work. You should do the same." Kwon Jiyong smirked. "Unless you want to stay while I shower."

Nabi shot off of the bed. "I'll get going now."

Kwon Jiyong chuckled as he watched Nabi speed walk out of his room with blood red cheeks. He was sure that she had left the whole dorm completely. He shook his head and went to the bathroom to shower.

 He shook his head and went to the bathroom to shower

(I'm just going to leave this here)
...

Nabi had been waiting down by Kwon Jiyong's car by the time he stepped out of the elevators. He smiled at her and Nabi oddly felt more comfortable being around Kwon Jiyong. It was obvious the taking care of me while being sick and the awkwardly stiff hug broke the ice of awkwardness between the two. It was almost like clockwork where Kwon Jiyong went to Nabi's side and opened the door for her to get in. This time he was doing it because he wanted to instead of doing it because she didn't know how to open the door. He was happy that when he shut the door this time, Nabi didn't flinch. So he smiled the whole way to the driver's seat.