Chapter 3 - Training the Trainees

Nabi entered the company early in the morning. Nobody seemed to be in sight. She would be working with a bunch of trainees. She would be helping them better their vocals and vocal warm ups, to help prepare for their debuts. She's the new singing coach just after the last one had retired. Nabi entered the small room where chairs lined side by side, facing the front of the room. She sighed and slouched into the chair that sat alone in the front of the room, facing the other chairs. She was nervous about teaching young kids about how to sing better. She knew the training process but she never knew how to teach kids. However, it was a favor her uncle had asked of her. She would be working as a vocals coach for a year under the company, and if she didn't like it, she could leave. It wasn't that bad and the pay was amazingly generous. She couldn't begin to start with the luxurious dormitory that came along with the job.

"You're here early."

Nabi jumped out of the chair and placed a palm over her fast beating heart. "You scared me!" She said looking at her uncle. "What are you doing here so early?" She asked

President Yang chuckled. "I work this early. However, I came to check up on you."

Nabi nodded, placing a lose strand of hair behind her ears. "Yeah. I'm fine. Just don't know when to start."

President Yang chuckled. "Nabi-ah, don't worry too much. Through out the day, you'll get better at it. The first group is a boy group. Most of them consist of rappers. Only four rappers and two singers. The rappers are the ones I'm worried about since they don't sing. They're good and learned a lot from the last vocal coach, but they still need help. They'll be here...." President Yang checked his watch. "they should be here any minute. I'll leave you to it."

Nabi nodded and bowed. "Thank you uncle." She says.

"Oh before I leave, I need a favor." President Yang says and continued without her protests. "I need you to speak with Kwon Ji Yong. Try to convince him to agree to my request."

"Wait, he disagreed with it?" Nabi asked surprised. "Why? Perhaps, is it because of me?"

"Don't be silly. He thinks the situation is crazy. Just go and talk to him after you're done."

Nabi sighed a nervous breath. She sat back down after President Yang left. She still hadn't forgotten about the favor that he had asked of her and that other guy who's name always seemed to slip her mind. She just couldn't deal with it at the moment. She needed to focus on working. She had a debt to pay and working was going to help her out a lot.

"Hello teacher." Nabi stood up and looked at the boy group that consisted of six members. "I'm Kang Joon Ki, leader of this group." He bowed politely.

"I'm Im Jae Myeong." One with black hair bowed.

"I'm Park Sung Wook." Another with light brown hair bowed.

"Hello, I'm Song In Soo." Another one bowed. Nabi looked at how young he was and guessed he was probably fourteen. "I'm the maknae."

"Hello, I'm Kang Won Sik."

"I'm Oh Jin Tae."

Nabi smiled politely as the members introduced themselves. "Hello, I'm Park Nabi. You can call me teacher or noona. Since we're not that far from age." Nabi made a hand gesture for them to take a seat. "Take a seat."

Nabi stood before them and sighed as all their eyes stared back. She inhaled and exhaled as she mentally prepared herself to teach them everything she had learned.

Nabi looked at all of them and sighed. "The way you're all sitting is wrong." She says.

Kang Joon Ki spoke up as all the boys looked at each other. "What do you mean, teacher?" He asked.