Chapter 87 - Work Complete

After everyone left Nabi's dorm, Bae Jang Mi came out from the back of the kitchen, not at all prepared to see Nabi beaten to this point. Her husband had informed her beforehand but she didn't think it was to this extent.

Kwon Jiyong had left to get a few of his belonging down in the Big Bang dorm. He left Nabi, knowing Bae Jang Mi and Choi Seung-Hyun was there with her. Nabi just sat awkwardly in the living room. The crutches Lawyer Ahn brought were placed on the other end of the room, too far for Nabi to walk to. So she couldn't run away from Bae Jang Mi.

"I'm not going to ask because you look tired of answering the same question with the same answers. The only thing I want to know is, breaking up with Jiyong oppa and breaking his heart that way, did you do it because you were forced to or did you think you were better off without him?" Bae Jang Mi asked very bluntly.

Nabi sighed, sitting on the sofa still contemplating if she should just chance it and hop to the crutches so she could escape Bae Jang Mi's questions. However, she stood there, alongside her husband, unmoving.

Nabi gulped before finally replying. "All I can tell you is, I would never be better off with out him." She says simply. "Things just got complicated and it turned out this way." She sighed.

"I've never seen you so calm." Choi Seung-Hyun whispered to her with a

Bae Jang Mi looked over to her husband offended by his statement. "What do you mean? I'm always calm."

Choi Seung-Hyun gave her an odd nod and smirked. "I'm just saying, when it comes to people you care about, you get really angry."

Bae Jang Mi nodded in agreement. "I guess you're right." She sighed then looked at Nabi who stared at her crutches from across the room. "Who am I to question someone who has family problems?"

"I'm back." Kwon Jiyong says holding a duffle bag in one hand.

Bae Jang Mi scoffed. "Like he needed any more of his belongings. He has enough clothes in Nabi's dorm to last him througb promotional season."

Choi Seung-Hyun gave a small chuckle as he looked at the two. "We'll be heading out now. Since you're back."

Bae Jang Mi folded her arms across her chest and nodded. "We'll see you guys later. I hope you heal soon." She says directly towards Nabi.

"That's such a weird thing to say." Kwon Jiyong says absolutely astounded by Bae Jang Mi's words.

"Well it's said. What more can I do?" She shrugged and headed for the front door.

"That mouth on your wife." Kwon Jiyong whispered to Choi Seung-Hyun.

"If I don't want it directed my way, I'm keeping completely silent." Choi Seung-Hyun says with an apologetic smile. "Bye." He says leaving Nabi's dorm.

Kwon Jiyong sighed and looked over at Nabi who sat on the couch, staring at him the entire time. She had a light tint over her cheeks as she openly stared at him. He lifted up the duffle bag, showing her that he got what he needed. Nabi just smiled and gave him nod.

"We just have to wait for Joo Won to come so he can carry you." Kwon Jiyong says, placing the duffle bag on the coffee table and sitting next to her.

"Is all of this necessary?" Nabi asked.

Kwon Jiyong sighed and placed a hand on Nabi's knee for comfort. "That uptight detective said it was necessary. It's for your safety and I agree with him."

Nabi sighed. "Why to Jeju though? Why can't we go to another city that's closer?"

"How about Pyongyang?" Kwon Jiyong says with a raised brow. "It's closer than Jeju."