Chapter 56 - Home Again

Driving out of the airport parking lot, Nabi looked over to her car's passenger seat and smiled. She had just returned from picking Nara up from the airport. They had a break in Japan and she finally was able to come home. Usually, Nara had to stay in Japan because Nabi and their mom was in America. Now back in Korea, she was able to come back home as well.

"How are things in Japan?" Nabi asks.

Nara shrugged. "Nothing new. What's the deal with what's going on here?" Nara asks. "You know. With the whole G-Dragon dating thing?"

Nabi chuckled. "Why are you paying attention to gossip pages?" She asks. "It's mostly not true."

Nara rolled her eyes. "It's not like I believe them."

"Whatever. I'm just dying to go home to mom. She probably really misses me." Nabi says.

"I was in Japan for almost ever. I'm sure she misses me more than you." Nara says starting and endless argument the whole way to their hometown.

......

"Mom!" Nara and Nabi cheered, wrapping their arms around her, hugging her tightly.

"Hello my girls." She smiled happily.

After breaking apart, they all went into the house. A whole month of not being able to see her mom, made Nabi feel heavy. After finally seeing her and hugging her, she felt happy from just one hug. The smell of food had already began to surround both Nabi and Nara.

"Yes! I miss Korean food." Nara says happily. "Japanese food is good but nothing beats Korean food." She smiled as she sat at the table.

"Is it me or did Nara mature over the school year?" Nabi asked her mom.

Her mom chuckled. "It seems so. She is going to be turning sixteen soon."

"Am I going to be eating alone or..." Nara dragged on as she began picking off things from the different side dishes placed around the table. "It's so good." She moaned out with a food filled mouth.

After dinner, Nara decided to go shower. Nabi began cleaning the table and placing the leftover side dishes back into it's original container. She then started on the dishes, washing each plate after the other. Once she was done, she took her apron off and hung it on one of the hooks next to the fridge.

"Mom!" Nabi called out.

"I'm outside." Nabi heard.

Nabi made her way out onto the porch to see her mom smoking sweet potatoes in the small smoker outside. She sat on the bench next to her mom and hooked her arms with her mom's arms. Nabi began cuddling into her mom's side like a stray cat would after being fed.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked Nabi in disbelief.

"I just really miss you." Nabi smiled.

"Aigoo," Her mom said, "It's as if I'm raising a baby."

Nabi smiled. "It's not wrong for a child to miss her mother."

"Of course it's not." She chuckled. "So what is all this I hear around the news?" She asks Nabi.

Nabi sighed. "Jiyong oppa and I were caught. People are now bothering me for the reason behind my disappearance."

After a few seconds of silence, Nabi's mom looked at her. "Nabi-ah, maybe it's best if you tell the public why."

"They'll think I'm making an excuse. They won't believe me if I do tell them." Nabi sighed. "Because I held onto it for so long, nobody will believe what I say."