Chapter 4 - Kwon Ji Yong

Earlier That Day

Kwon Ji Yong entered the (almost) empty building of YG Entertainment. He was a grump since he had to wake up early. Teddy had called him asking him to start recording today for the album. Kwon Ji Yong had gotten an extention on naming his album because he was mind blocked. He couldn't figure it out and it stressed him out to no ends.

"You're finally here. You're like thirty minutes late though." Teddy says cheerfully. "Which is a record of how early you've made it." He joked.

Kwon Ji Yong just ignored Teddy's usual banter and went to work. Taking out all of his supplies for recording and such. He did his five minute vocal warmup before going into the studio. He had his phone with all the lyrics going down the screen.

When it came to Kwon Ji Yong being in the studio and working, he was perfectionist. Of course it was easier to work on his own rather than with his other band mates. They all got annoyed by Kwon Ji Yong's high expectations but since he's the leader, they listened well.

While being in the booth, he had to re-do the recording session on many occasions. He was never quite satisfied with the way the song was coming out and it was frustrating him.

"Hyung, I'm going to take a break." Kwon Ji Yong said.

"Yeah, I think you need to take a breather." Teddy says walking away from the soundboard and back to the desktop. "Go. I'll give you ten minutes."

Kwon Ji Yong nodded and walked out. Running a frustrated hand through his hair. He couldn't understand why he was having trouble trying to perfect the song. He thought it was probably the beat but he knew it was more than just the beat. He couldn't flow the lyrical part of the process out as smoothly as he wanted to.

"Ji Yong-ah." Kwon Ji Yong looked up to see President Yang and Secretary Yoo walking down the hall. "You're here early."

Kwon Ji Yong bowed and nodded. "Yeah, Teddy hyung called me in for a recording. I'm taking a break now." He says.

"That's great. I want you to go down and check on the new vocal coach that's helping the trainees. Just check and see if she's doing her job good." President Yang says with a smirk, before walking passed a bowing Kwon Ji Yong and to his office.

Kwon Ji Yong sighed and headed down the steps. The training for trainee's vocal training was downstairs. He was wondering who was the new vocal trainer since their last one left. A very sweet lady who whacked trainee's arms for not hitting the proper note. One that Kwon Ji Yong remembered very well.

As he approached the door and peered into the room, he instantly spotted Park Nabi. He shook his head at President Yang's sly move. He was going to turn to walk away before he saw her pushing back the shoulders of one of the trainees. It was normal and a way to receive good airflow through posture but it caught his eye because of how small she actually was. The trainee were a lot younger than she was but they were a good head or two taller than she was.

Kwon Ji Yong did find her quite interesting. She's unbelievably cute but she didn't act like it. Girls who had that cute charm or face, usually used it but she spoke like she was in charge. However, she also had this way that made her shy away from human interactions. She looked like she didn't enjoy being surrounded by people.

"What are you doing down here?" Kwon Ji Yong jumped at hearing Teddy's voice come up from behind him. "Why are you so jumpy?"

Kwon Ji Yong shurgged. "I didn't expect someone to come up so suddenly. Anyway, President Yang asked me to check out the new vocal coach."

"Ah~" Teddy nodded while looking into the room through door. "Wow. She's cute."

Kwon Ji Yong raised a brow. "Let's go hyung." He said shaking his head.