Chapter 50 - What Jealousy Does

After breakfast, Joo Won arrived to the camp grounds. He couldn't make it the night before since he was too tired to drive after being held up hours in a meeting. Nabi felt so happy to see him after not seeing him for a while. He was currently working to make a deal with hospitals in America which took up most of his time. Now that he was holding a higher position in the company and that the company was becoming more successful, Nabi felt like she barely got to see him or receive a visit from him.

"I missed you so much!" Nabi says pulling him into a tight hug.

Joo Won nodded. "I know. I've been really busy."

"Come introduce yourself to Jiyong oppa's parents." Nabi says.

"Wow you guys are really taking this thing as if it were real." Joo Won whispers.

Nabi laughed humorlessly. "I'll explain later. Now let us go."

Nabi took Joo Won to Kwon Jiyong's parents who were currently cleaning the tables. They stopped and smiled as they noticed Nabi. But the smile disappeared as they saw her walking with Joo Won. They were wondering who he was and why Nabi was leading him around.

"Hello." Nabi bowed.

"Nabi-ah, who is this?" Kwon Jiyong's mother asks.

"Nabi's husband!" Joo Won says with a bow.

Nabi's eyes went wide as she whacked him in the back of the head. "I'm sorry." Nabi says with a bow. "He's my best friend. Il Joo Won."

"Ah~ best friend. Nice to meet you." Kwon Jiyong's father says shaking Joo Won's hands.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready?" Kwon Jiyong's mom asks.

"What?" Joo Won whispers to Nabi.

"Yes. We're getting ready to go." Nabi bowed politely.

Nabi made Joo Won bow before they both walked away arguing about how dumb of an answer 'Nabi's husband' is and that he shouldn't have even opened his mouth. Meanwhile Joo Won was protecting his head from Nabi's relentless attacks, not understanding what he said that was so wrong.

"Joo Won-ssi." Kwon Jiyong greeted as he saw them enter Nabi's tent.

Nabi raised a brow. "What are you doing in my tent?" She asks.

"I came to check on you but you weren't here. Now I know why." Kwon Jiyong says.

The way he said it made Nabi's heart sink. Joo Won stood there between the two, feeling the air get thicken with awkwardness. Nabi felt like this whole weekend was filled with awkwardness rather than actual fun. She was starting to get sick of it but didn't know what to do.

"Just hurry and get ready. We're all going to be waiting by the edge of the campsite." Kwon Jiyong says before leaving, not really paying attention to Nabi or Joo Won.

"What the hell is his probelm?" Joo Won asks annoyed.

Nabi sighed, feeling down after whatever exchange that just happened between Kwon Jiyong and herself. "I don't know." She sighed. "Just go to your tent and dress in clothes that we go hiking in." Nabi says trying to push his heavy body out.

"But-" Joo Won says.

"Go!" Nabi scolds.

After kicking Joo Won out of her tent, she began changing her clothes. Kwon Jiyong had informed her about a water fall deep into the mountains before their arrival to the camp site. They were going to be hiking up there and was able to swim. He wanted to be sure Nabi packed the right things. She dressed in black spandex shorts and put on a black bathing suit top. She threw over a large white tank top that stopped below her shorts. She also threw her hair up into a tight ponytail. She wanted to wear something appropriate so she didn't want to go over the top with nice bathing suits.