Chapter 40 - The Time Spent With You Pt. 1

"Jiyong oppa!" Nabi says going to his side as he struggled to walk. "Are you drunk?"

"My beautiful Nabi~" Kwon Jiyong slurred out in a sing song voice. "Our beautiful Dwaeji!"

Nabi took hold of his arm, placing it over her shoulders and wrapped an arm around his waist to help support his sloppy walking. The strong smell of liquor hit Nabi's nose and she cringed due to it. She couldn't believe how heavy he actually was despite how thin he is. She helped him walk into her living room.

"Look at my beautiful butterfly!" He sang. "So beautiful!"

She ignored him and the drunk singing that he was doing as she made her way to her living room couch. When she finally reached it, Nabi grunted out as she pushed him onto the couch, hearing him collide with her sofa with a thud. Kwon Jiyong just laughed out as he laid out with his arms and legs sprawled out. Annoyed, Nabi began taking off his boots that he wore into her house, dirting her wooden floors. He continued singing whatever song he was singing, out loud. It just contained with a bunch of Nabi's name and how beautiful he thought she was. She couldn't help but roll her eyes at him as she untied the shoelaces to his boots. They were harder to take off than she had originally thought.

"Yah!" She scolded when she finally took off the last boot. "Why did you drink so much?" She asked.

"Because I missed my Dwaeji!" He shouted loudly.

Nabi covered his mouth. "Are you crazy?" She snapped. "What were you doing just now? Who were you with that they'd let you drink so much?" She asked more towards herself than Kwon Jiyong while taking her hands off of his mouth.

"I won first place again. I'm so happy." He smiled. "But you didn't talk to me all day. So I was happy sad."

Nabi looked at him and he looked like a sad child. She had to smile. "Happy sad? What is that?" She asked.

"It's when something good happened to you but something bad is bothering you." He shrugged. "I made it up."

Nabi shook her head. "Why did you drink so much?"

"I don't know." He shrugged. "Are you mad at me? I won't drink if you're mad at me."

Nabi chuckled. "No I'm not mad at you."

"Good." He smiled before closing his eyes.

Nabi watched him for awhile. He wasn't even sleeping but his eyes were closed. He could feel her watching him. He opened an eye and with his free hand, he reached out for Nabi's wrist and pulled her down to lay beside him on her couch. She yelped out, surprised by his movement.

They both lay on their sides, facing each other. Nabi's cheeks began to burn red with embarrassment as her eyes grew big with shock from how close they both were and the fact that they both could fit on her couch, even in this position.

"Don't move." He whispers. "I haven't seen you for awhile. I want to see your face."

Nabi bit her bottom lip. "I'm right here."

For awhile they just sat like that, looking at each other. Nabi's heart rate would pick up every time he smiled at her. Although he reeked of alcohol, she wasn't going to complain being this close with him after not seeing him for awhile. A small smile crept up on her lips as he stared at her. His hand cupped her redden cheek, and began running his hand over the smooth surface. Making sure that none of her dark strands of hair was in her face, blocking him from seeing every inch of her face.

"What have you done to me?" He whispers before slowly bringing himself to take her lips with his.

Nabi didn't hesitate to kiss back. In fact, she was eager to do so. She didn't care if he tasted like beer. She didn't care about anything. All she cared about was that she missed him. She wanted to see him and in order to stop herself from blowing his phone up with an annoying 'hey' all over the place, she made sure to keep herself busy. Which was the only reason she stayed to give a helping hand to Bae Jang Mi for more than five hours.