Chapter __ ~ How to Save a Soul

Before the Arkeyans could react to the newcomer, Scar rushed forwards, Diablo in control, quick as a bolt of lightning. Slicing through them as if they were butter with his long, sharp claws. Glowing with black energy. One Arkeyan readied his blade, but Scar pulled out the Arkeyan's core and crushed it. Relishing at the short moment of agony he had caused. Once finished with that kill, Scar turned around calmly as more Arkeyans advanced. Guns powering up to blast. He raised his right hand and make an arcing motion over his head with it. A trickle of glowing white light extending from his fingertips. The light engulfed his entire body, forming a shield of translucent white energy. Angelo had taken control now. The Arkeyans fired, but their energy blasts were swallowed up by the shield before they could even reach Scar. Scar continued to block the physical attacks while the shield took the blow of the blasts. It seemed they had forgotten all about Shade... and Shade was grateful for that. It gave him a time to rest.

As Shade watched Scar battling the Arkeyans, control switching from the defencive Angelo to the offencive (and slightly psychopathic) Diablo; an ear shattering roar cut through the sound of breaking metal, clashing fists and firing guns. From where he was crouching on the ground, Shade turned his head to see Metaltaur rushing towards him at high speed. Hooves slamming into the ground, leaving cracking craters in their wake. Looks like one of the Arkeyans wasn't finished with Shade yet. Shade rose to his feet with some difficulty and sidestepped just in time. Metaltaur's pounding hooves barely grazed the edge of the hole as he sped past. In Metaltaur's moment of confusion at Shade's dodge, Shade summoned a Wisp Whip and flung the barbed end at Metaltaur. It wrapped around the Arkeyan Century's left hoof and Shade tugged on the string. Pulling Metaltaur down to the ground. As Metaltaur slammed into the floor, a few chunks on the edge of the hole broke off and tumbled into the raging waters below. This worried Shade slightly. The battle was growing increasingly closer to the hole as time continued to tick down. The closer they got, and the more they battled, the bigger the whole was growing. With every slam, hit and blow, more and more of the floor crumbled into the sea. The hole growing more and more. Shade didn't have any more time to contemplate what to do if the situation got any worse though. Metaltaur had risen to his feet, seemingly unscathed, and began firing at Shade. The golden bullets firing out even quicker than before. Shade's whip morphed into his Shadow Saber and quickly began blocking the bullets with the flat side of the blade of his sword. He then rushed towards Metaltaur and slashed with all his might, but Metaltaur blocked with the back of his fist. Not even a dent made in the armor. The two continued to go back and forth. Slamming blade against fist continuously. Ever slowly inching closer to the gaping hole in the wall.

More and more Arkeyan soldiers rose up out of the quaking, cracking ground, but Scar continued to knock them back down to the undead realm they had crawled out of with ease. This battle seemed like a breeze to him, and Diablo was clearly having a good time. Laughing maniacally as he felled every foe that dared to face him. Angelo continued to defend and protect while Diablo didn't give a damn about what happened. All he wanted to do was destroy and slaughter.

Shade blocked Metaltaur's fist once more, holding it firm as the hulking frame of his opponent pushed him against the wall. A little ways off from the hole. Metaltaur raised his other fist and slammed it into Shade's shoulder with all of the brute force the Arkeyan Century possessed. As he recoiled from the pain, and Metaltaur winded up for another bone crushing attack, Shade teleported away before Metaltaur's fist got a chance to hit him again. Metaltaur whipped around to face its foe, but only lay its eyes upon Scar defeating Arkeyan soldier after soldier. Shade suddenly landed on top of Metaltaur, knocking the bronze bull down as the Darkling perched on his back. Blade jammed into a kink in the armor. Metaltaur struggled and roared as he tried to throw Shade off of him, but Shade held on. Digging his saber deeper into the machine's workings.