Chapter 17 ~ Nightmares

"GO! GO! GO! GO!" The Skylanders chanted in unison as Mammagma and Eruptor downed Lava Cola after Lava Cola.

The room was brightly lit and filled to the brim with Skylanders of all elements. All crowded around a rectangular, polished wooden table that had been slided into the center. Mammagma and Eruptor stood at either end of the table. Crushed cans and broken bottles that had once contained the bubbling, boiling liquid the two were currently chugging were strewn about its smooth surface. Mammagma slammed his empty can down onto the tabletop, crushing it in the process, and was handed another as quick as possible. Eruptor did the same a split second after. So far, Eruptor had drank fifteen, but Mammagma had already chugged twenty... and was still going strong.

"Here we are." Shoria said in a chipper tone. "Your dorm room."

The two had been walking through the dorm building for what had felt like ages before Shoria had finally dragged Kaos to a door set into the long wall of the corridor that was exactly the same as all the rest in the building. Pale brown wood to contrast the walls with plain, uncreative engravings set into its woodgrain surface. The only thing different was the number engraved at the top of the door. Every door had a different number. Kaos eyed the door, then looked up at Shoria with the same expression. A skeptical, questioning look. Shoria just smiled, twisted the knob on the door, then opened it with a small shove. The door swung the rest of the way open by itself. Shoria motioned for Kaos to look inside. She hoped he liked it. Kaos peered into the room, and his eyes immediately lit up. The room was large and the few torches that were on the blackish purple painted walls gave off less light than cinders left over from a flame that had been burning for days. Small spirals of obsidian lined the walls, reaching up to the ceiling. A grand, four poster bed with black sheets covering the mattress was pushed into the corner at the other end of the room, opposite the door. A small, square window overlooking the grounds was set into the wall beside it. Under that rested a small, bedside table. Shoria and Kaos stepped into the room. Kaos' eyes were wide as he gazed around his new base of operations, his mouth hanging open slightly in awe. A long mirror with a thick, obsidian and gold trim was resting in the corner across from the bed. A black, wooden wardrobe was resting beside a long, black wooden desk pressed up against the same wall as the door. The floor under Kaos' feet was covered by a thin, dark grey carpet that wasn't soft, nor scratchy. Everything was neat and orderly and clean. Just the way Kaos liked it... when it first started out. Kaos looked around his room, awe struck, then over to Shoria with the same awe-filled expression. Shade teleported into a shady place in the corridor, outside of the room. Even if he knew it was rude to barge into another's room. He put his ear up against the perfectly flat wall and listened to the best of his abilities, still unnoticable from the naked eye.

"You like?" Shoria asked, smiling brightly.

"Like it? LIKE IT?! LIKE IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT! THIS ROOM IS PERFECT!" Kaos cried, his eyes lighting up, his gaping mouth turning into an exatic grin.

Shoria blushed, giggling. She was glad that Kaos liked it. More than glad, even. She was feeling as happy as Kaos was to be living in this room.

"Well then, as long as we don't need to change anything, your extra clothes are in there." Shoria said, pointing to the wardrobe, "I'll let you change."

Kaos handed Shoria his cloak and she nodded to him. Shoria backed out of the room, cloak in hand, and quietly closed the door behind her. Cutting off all outside light that had been streaming in from the torches out in the hallway. Kaos loved his room even more now. It made him feel almost at home in this goody-two-shoes school for goody-two-shoes-wearing Skyloser trainees. Almost. Kaos walked up to the wardrobe and swung the double doors open. He reached into the shadows, and yanked one of the cloaks off of its hanger. He held it up to the (lack of) light. Shoria had said she had made them 'last minute'. To Kaos, they looked expertly sewn. He couldn't see any of the seams, and the collar folds exactly matched the ones on his cloak.