Chapter 26 ~ Dark Secrets

Stealth nodded, "Yes. You may, Kaos." She paused and added almost silently, "And, yes. You're right about me wanting to destroy you. Though, it's apparent that Shoria seems to be the only one that doesn't."

Stealth motioned with her hand for the two to return to their desks. Though, as fate would have it, as soon as the two sat down, the bell sounded.

"Class is dismissed, everyone! I will grade your projects tomorrow!"

The other students stormed out of the classroom as quick as they could. Their loud, chattering voices joining the loud roar of trainees flooding the hallways. The only ones left were Kaos, Shoria and Stealth.

Shoria sighed, rounding up the last of her supplies. "Again, last. I don't know how I do it, but somehow I'm always last out yet I'm the first to arrive to my next class. How do I do it?"

Kaos shrugged, fumbling with his binders slightly as they threatened to tumble from his arms.

Whisp: Well, that'd be because of me. *smiles*

"Wait, what? Who said that?" Shoria asked, glancing around the classroom as the two headed for the door. She looked down at Kaos and immediately could tell he had heard the voice too.

Whisp: I'm one of the story writers! Or, Portal Masters, I guess.

"Oh... okay then. Thanks, I guess."

Whisp: Hehe! No prob, Shore~!

Stealth looked up from her desk and noticed Shoria talking to the air around her. Kaos looked over at her and attempted to look as confused as Stealth. As he could tell she clearly didn't hear it like him or Shoria. He then looked back to Shoria. The two locked eyes. Kaos made a face that told Shoria that she looked like she was going bonkers. Talking to thin air. Shoria nodded as the two stepped out into the hallway. Once they were out of the classroom and had been walking for a while, Kaos told Shoria to watch his books while he went to do something. Shoria nodded, smiling. Kaos set his books down on the ground beside Shoria and ran off, turning a corner. Once out of Shoria's line of sight, Kaos stopped and leaned up against the wall. Taking out the crumpled piece of paper that was his schedule for the meantime. He 'unfolded' the paper and peered at his messy scribble of handwriting that had been scrawled across the page. Mainly the last block of the day.

"Last class..." He muttered, squinting at his writing. "damn! Not even I can read this... and it's my own handwriting! Damn schedule!"

Kaos shoved the crumpled paper back into his pocket forcefully, cursing loudly as he did so. Kaos glared at the ground as he leaned against the wall. A scowl plastered across his face. How was he going to get anything done if he couldn't even read his schedule? Shoria poked her head around the corner, having heard Kaos' excessively loud swearing. Something must have gotten him angry. Kaos back was turned to Shoria, as he clearly didn't realize she was watching him, but Shoria could just make out the corner of a crumple, smudged piece of parchment. Without thinking, Shoria reached for the paper, curiosity getting the better of her, and yanked it out. Her hand brushing against Kaos' side in the process. Shoria unfolded the crumpled ball as Kaos looked over his shoulder at her, then turned around fully.

"Shoria! What in Skylands are you doing!?" He cried.

Shoria shrugged, her eyes glancing over the ink-stained parchment. So this was Kaos' schedule. Shoria looked up from the paper in her hands and over at Kaos, who was staring back. Looking quite uncomfortable. Embarrassed almost. Shoria smiled, then looked back to the paper. Quickly, Shoria walked back to her and Kaos' supplies which were lying on the ground just around the corner and grabbed a quill and some ink from her pile. Kaos peeked around the corner as Shoria held the paper up against the wall and started writing Kaos' time table again. Squinting to try and make out his scrawl of a excuse for handwriting.