Chapter 30

{Chapter 30}

The plane ride home to London was quiet. Painfully quiet, but much to Katie's appreciation, she had slept the majority of the ride home as Andrea watched 'Hitch' and 'Shrek 3' back to back to avoid having to sit in an awkward silence.

When they had landed, they gathered their luggage and made their way from the terminal. Never had Katie felt more relieved to step back onto the familiar floor tiles of Heathrow Airport.

It was just after 7 am when they had reached the airport, and Katie was already beginning to feel the horrible side of jet lag. Her eyes were heavy was she walked behind Andrea, her suitcase strolling soundlessly behind her.

As they left the baggage claim and pushed through the doors towards the exit, they were both taken by surprise by the mob of people standing on the other side.

The second the two girls walked in, they were swarmed by a handful of paparazzi who snapped pictures in their faces. Girls stood off to the side, smiling and waving politely as the girls pushed their way through.

"Katie, can we have a word?"

"Katie, we're so sorry to hear about the bad news."

"Can you confirm the rumours for us Katie? Are you terminally ill?"

Katie felt in a daze as the bright flashes and loud voices hazed her thoughts. Andrea reached down and grabbed the wrist of her best friend aggressively, pushing through the crowd and dragging the stunned brunette behind her.

They followed after them though, until Andrea pushed through the doors to outside, where black car with tinted windows waited for them.

Paul was seriously a life saver, Katie thought as a man opened the door for her and the two girls slid across the leather seats. The driver closed the door behind them as returned to the drivers seat and slid in to start the car.

Flashing lights still flickered outside the tinted windows as fans and paparazzi still pestered against the car.

Katie could hear them still shouting at her.

Tell us about the cancer!

A lump rose in her throat as she steadied herself, looking forward out the window as the car revved to life and the driver pulled out of the airport parking lot.

-

The ride from Heathrow to the flat was quicker than Katie had expected. The driver had turned onto a small, private road and driven until there was a fancy looking building that he claimed was the destination.

Katie and Andrea didn't speak as they took the fancy elevator to the top floor penthouse, where the doors opened to reveal the Larry Stylinson ever-famous flat.

"Holy fuck." Katie breathed as her eyes opened. She tugged her suitcase behind her as her and Andrea stepped out from the elevator to stand in the entranceway of the humongous apartment.

"Wow." Andrea whispered from beside Katie as both of their eyes trailed throughout the open-concept apartment.

The far wall wasn't even considered all wall, simply a window that overlooked downtown. Against this wall were couches that all faced a flat screened TV that hung on the wall, a long with a cozy looking fireplace opposite the television.

The apartment was modern, and to the girls right was the open-styled kitchen that came equipped with stainless steel appliances and a beautiful marble counter top.

Sometimes the reality of the boys' wealth slipped Katie's mind. To her, they had become just 5 boys that she had met at a beach house.

Seeing this made her realize just what she had stumbled into.