Chapter 10

{Chapter 10}

One Direction FanFiction

Andrea knew something was up, but she didn't pry.

She let Katie sulk in her bedroom with the blinds closed for the whole day and she didn't ask when Harry remained quiet at the dinner table.

The worst was having to watch as they continued to ignore each other.

Andrea sat awkwardly at the breakfast bar as Katie shuffled into the kitchen, wearing an old pair of soccer shorts and a ratty old t-shirt. She opened the fridge to find herself some food.

Harry walked in a second later and Andrea watched him awkwardly as he looked at Katie and quickly decided in his head, whether he should just turn around and leave.

When Katie closed the fridge and saw him standing there, a quick mask of surprise crossed her face which she quickly covered up.

"Er, I just- I was going to get-" Harry tumbled over his words as he reached an arm behind him and rubbed his neck awkwardly.

Katie's eyes dropped to the ground as she mumbled something incoherent and walked past him without giving him another look.

Andrea sighed, this had been up for the last few days.

"Are you getting up today?" Andrea asked as she walked into Katie's dimly lit room. She had the covers pulled up over her head.

"No." She grumbled from somewhere underneath all the pillows and blankets. Andrea sighed and walked to the end of her best friend's bed.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like shit."

The other day Dr. Andrews had called Andrea on her cellphone, just to check up on Katie. He told her that she wanted Katie to check in more, just so he could be sure she was doing okay.

I want to make this as comfortable for you as I can, Andrea could hear his raspy voice through the telephone reciever.

She cringed inwardly at his words.

"Have you taken your medications today?" She asked curiously. The first week and a half had passed at the house and Andrea could tell that with each day, Katie grew more tired and more weak.

Katie stirred under the blankets. "Yeah." She muttered.

Andrea wondered if the reason she was hiding away in her bedroom was because of her health or rather because of the curly haired boy she wished to avoid.

"Come on." Andrea said, grabbing Katie's leg over the covers. She shook it playfully. "At least come down and get some lunch."

Katie groaned but to Andrea's surprise, the brunette sat up in bed, throwing her comforters off her in annoyance.

Katie stumbled off the bed and ignored Andrea as she pushed passed the blonde and grumbled as she threw on one of her grey baggy sweaters that had Panthers written across it, and made her way out the door. Andrea couldn't help but chuckle as she followed after.

-

Katie padded along the tile into the kitchen, where everyone sat at the table.