Chapter 22

{Chapter 22}

Katie paced the small waiting room, tearing at her nails with her teeth as she unclenched and clenched her jaw as Andrea sat in one of the chairs, still in shock.

Maria, the receptionist behind the desk, was generous enough to offer them a cup of water, but both girls denied. Katie was convinced that if she had a cup of water, she’d probably throw it up.

“How long do you think he’ll be in there?” Andrea asked quietly from the chair, still wide-eyed and in shock. Katie looked over the blonde and scowled.

“I’m not sure.”

Neither girl could wrap their mind around the situation that had just unfolded in front of them. What was Harry trying to do? Was he insane?

The pit in Katie’s stomach had become 10x bigger when Tyler, the man behind the desk, escorted them out of his office, saying that he needed time to talk with Harry in private.

Katie prayed to God that he could knock some sense into the boy.

She was so anxious and so eager to know what was happening, she hadn’t realized that she had torn away at her fingers so aggressively, that they started to bleed.

Just then the big mahogany doors behind Maria opened up and Katie’s head shot up as she froze in spot. She watched eagerly as Harry piled through the door with the same expression on his face from when he had entered the office.

His stern green eyes immediately found her fuming chocolate brown ones.

He walked past Maria, giving her a slight wave, before clenching his fists at his sides and preparing for whatever lashing he was going to receive from the 2 girls waiting for him.

Katie didn’t even hesitate.

“What the fuck are you playing at?” She spat when he was close enough to her.

She could tell the Maria looked up from her paperwork at her language, but she didn’t care. She rested her hands on her hips as she stared at the boy incredulously, waiting for an answer.

All Harry did was shake his head and tried to brush passed her but she grabbed his shoulders and gave him a slight push, making him stumble backwards. He stared at her with wide-eyed, wondering where her aggression had come from.

“Answer me, Styles.” She growled in a low voice. Andrea came up behind her and put a light hand on her shoulder.

“Katie-” She warned, in a soothing voice but Katie ripped away from her, her eyes only blazing into Harry’s.

“Harry.” She spat. “I said answer me.”

He stared back at her, matching her intimidating glare. He was only a few inches away from her face as he stared down at her. His breathing was heavy, almost as though his heart was beating too fast for him to keep up.

“I need you with me.” He said quietly, low and huskily.

Katie’s heart swelled in her chest, but this time it was painful as the tears burned the back of her eyes.

“Why didn’t you tell me about this?” She asked. “Why didn’t you talk to me first? Instead of dragging us inside this building and throwing the idea out like it was already a set decision.”

Harry’s stern gaze never faltered. “It is a set decision.”

Katie’s breath caught in her throat and she could hear Andrea begin to say something from behind her but Katie interrupted her by giving Harry a hard push by the shoulders.