Chapter 38

{Chapter 38}

Andrea Rolland had always been the girl to second guess herself.

When she went out for a night on the town, she'd rearrange her outfit five times before leaving her house. When she'd text someone from her phone, she'd scroll back to the message just to make sure it sent to the right person. Even during tests in school, she'd circle 'A' and then return the question afterwards and erase it and circle 'C' instead.

She was never one for making decisions and it was something she had come to terms with long ago. 

She could feel his finger tips brushing against the bare skin of her exposed back, just above where the sheet stopped covering her body. She could feel his breath on her neck, reassuring her that he was just inches away from her as she smiled into the pillow.

With her free finger, she twirled the diamond ring around her finger as she smiled out the window that let the moonlight pool into the quiet, haven of the bedroom.

For the first time in Andrea Rolland life, she realized the second her tears had finished falling down her face and she mouthed the word 'Yes' to the boy that had kneeled before her, that she had finally followed her heart.

She licked her dry lips as her finger trailed along the crevices in the diamond as his fingers continued drawing unknown designs on her bare back.

"When did you know?" She asked quietly. A part of her wondered the question in the depth of her own mind, but she had found the words fall from her lips in a whisper before she could help it.

His breath grew shallow as his breath stirred her loose hair at the nape of her neck. She knew that he knew exactly what she was asking him.

In the silence of the room, Zayn Malik answered his fiancé.

"The moment you left me in the lobby in the States." He responded in barely a whisper. His warm, husky voice allowed for goosebumps to rise on her exposed skin as he chuckled gently in her ear. "It was the moment I had to say goodbye to you, that I knew that I never wanted to do that ever again."

She closed her eyes, taking in the feeling of that moment.

Was there anything like the feeling of his finger tips against her bare skin? Or the reassuring flutter in her heart she felt when she remembered he was only an inch away from her, in a king sized bed?

The love, she felt, it was nothing that could compare to anything else in the world.

She sighed contently.

"Why now?" She whispered. 

His breath caught in his throat as a small hazy silence fell upon them in the serenity of the empty bedroom. She knew that he knew the answer. 

"A certain girl named Katie taught me that when you love someone, you have to do everything to cherish the time you are given with that person." He mumbled against her skin as he began pressing kisses against her spine. Her heart fluttered in her chest as she held her next breath. 

"I realized that the next 75 years would still not be enough time with you." He said gently. "I love you, future Andrea Rolland Malik." She could feel him smirk into her skin.

The way her name left his lips was something that reassured her that following her heart had been the best decision she had ever made.

She didn't need to re-think it. She didn't need to go back and change her answer, or ask him to reconsider.

She knew what she wanted and whether getting married at the age of 18 to a world famous pop-star wasn't the most logical or responsible thing in the world,