44 - Ending

*2 weeks later*

Today is the day. Yes I'm finally getting the courage to go into school. I haven't been in for weeks and my exams are getting closer and closer.

The last 3 weeks haven't been easy. I've had consent messages from Lily about how sorry she is. I can't be friends with her anymore. Not after what she did. She is the reason I was dead for the last 3 weeks.

I have been watching a lot of old Simon's videos recently. I think it helped. It made me happier and want to achieve things with out without him. Plus he uploaded last night for the first time in 3 weeks. Therefore, if he can do it, so can I.

"Your sure Layla?" My mum asked. I nodded as I put my lunch in my bag. I didn't bother putting on any make up on as I didn't have the effort. I might be better to go into school but I'm not ready to be myself again.

As I walked down the corridor, I heard my name being mentioned a lot. Instead of making a scene, I just shrugged it off. I'm here to learn, not cause agro. When I arrived to my locker, I saw Lily with a bunch of girls to the corner of my eye. Trying my best to ignore her, I put my thing in my locker.

"You okay Layla?" I turned around to see that it was Lily asking me. I nodded with no emotion and turned back to my locker. Before she had the chance to say anything back, the bell went. I peered to my timetable to see I have English first.

"Good morning Layla! Thought you moved schools!" Mr Tunner beamed. I faintly smiled as he showed a concern look.

"You okay? Do you wanna talk about it?"

"No. Where do I sit?"

"Okay at the back on the right end. As you are so far behind and your exam is so close, can you stay behind tonight? I can stay till 4:30?" He asked. I nodded. Why the hell not? I need to get used to being back in this place anyway.

**

I sat outside under a tree behind the school by myself to eat my lunch. It was so peaceful here. It was my spot no one else's. The sun was shining and birds were tweeting which lightened my mood.

As I took a bite into my sandwich, a shadow took over my brightness. I looked up to see Lily. I rolled my eyes and ignored her.

"Can we talk?" I shook my head.
"Leave me alone Lily."
"Please Layla, I miss you. It's great to see you back in school."
"Yeah well I would be here sooner if it wasn't for you so please just fuck off." And with that, Lily sighed and walked off. Finally, hope she got the message!

**

I knocked on Mr.Tunner's door and walked in. He smiled and gestured for me to sit down opposite him. I smiled and sat down placing my back on the floor.

"So we're just going to go over a few poems is that okay?" He asked. I nodded, well this is going to be a fun hour. They were love poems and each poem reminded me of Simon. I tried hard not to get upset but it wasn't working and I think Mr.Tunner noticed.

"So do you wanna talk about why you've been off?"

"I, broke up with my boyfriend," I sighed. Tears started flowing out.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Layla. How come?"

"It's complicated. Let's just say I think he used me."

"What? Layla no! I heard some girls talk about it, Simon isn't it? Well I think you should message him and get him back. If he used you, you would've noticed. Your a bright girl Layla," he smiled causing me to blush. He might be right, but I couldn't. He didn't know Simon like I did.

"No I don't want to, but thank you Mr.Tunner. I'll see you tomorrow," I smiled standing up and walking out. I hate talking about relationships; especially about him.

It's been 3 weeks and I'm still not over him. Is it even possible to get over him?

Sunset was appearing on my walk home. The sky looked beautiful. It was a pretty pink and there was a cool breeze. It was still warm too, which helped my mind. Memories of me and Simon when we were in Devon flooded back to me. Our walks and watching the sunset go down. No. We're over. I will get over Simon at some point I know I will. Maybe talking to someone will help.

Suddenly, I felt someone grab my arm and shove me into a claustrophobic, dark alleyway. I tried to scream for help but it was no use. I was pinned up against the fence with his hand over my mouth. No no I'm not getting raped.

I started shuffling around, trying to break free but it was no use. Instead, his lips were smashed against mine. As they were smacked on mine, I started to recognise those lips. They were soft and smooth. He put his arms around my waist trying to pull the kiss deeper. I opened my eyes to reveal the boy I never thought would come back...

Simon.

I kissed him back roughly immediately knowing he was back. He's back. Simon's back. Tears started to roll down my cheeks as we carried on kissing, harder. Words cannot even describe how much I missed him.

A few moments later, we broke away from the kiss for air. We rested each other's foreheads on each other's with our eyes making full contact as tears continued to roll down both of our cheeks - Simon was even crying now. We both smiled and calmly laughed at what had just had happened.

Just then, he said the most beautiful thing I've ever heard him say.

"I love you Layla. So fucking much."