Chapter 42

*next day*

"You don't have to go school if you don't want to Layla," my mum said peering her head through the door. I didn't even look at her or respond - I just stared at the ceiling. My eyes were dry and bloodshot. My cheeks were Scarlet red and I was just a mess.

"Okay, I'm going to work try and eat something. Love you Laylieboo," my mum said softly, closing the door. I didn't respond, I just stayed silent. I couldn't find a way to speak. It's like I forgot how to do everything.

Simon never answered me last night or this morning. He read it but didn't reply. It was over. I've just lost my best friend. I wonder how he's doing? I wonder if he's as broke as me?

It's only been a day and I miss him already. I mean he didn't even try and fight for us. He's probably fine right now. Then there's me, lying in bed not wanting to live another second of the world.

How am I going to get through this?

*1 week later*

It's been over a week since me and Simon have broken up and I still haven't heard a word from him or the rest of the guys. Maybe he hasn't told them. I'm surprised Josh hasn't messaged me to be honest. He's normally all brotherly to me since I had that melt down in front of him a few months back.

I haven't eaten for the past week. The last time I ate was when me and Simon went to McDonald's. I can't eat again. I'm just not hungry anymore. My break up didn't only just take away my happiness, it took away my appetite and my whole life too.

My heart has been bleeding his name all day, everyday. I miss his morning cuddles. I miss those "good night beautiful" and those "morning princess, have a great day! <3" texts but it was all fake. All of it.

How am I suppose to move on?

How am I suppose to wake up every morning knowing his got nothing to do with me anymore?

I need him wether it's 2pm or 2am.

I haven't left my bed since the day I wasn't going school. I haven't been to school in weeks. Now I just can't face it. Everyone hates me and I hate them. I have my exams in a few weeks and I know I'm going to fail. I'm just to weak and worthless to do anything right now.

I needed Simon Minter. That's all I need. But I can't have him. Not anymore. He's probably got a new girl already. Doing things with her that I couldn't give him. I would hate seeing him happy with anyone else.

I need to see him. I need to know he's okay. I grabbed my phone and went onto YouTube. Shakingly, I typed in "miniminter" and clicked on his channel. He has been uploading. He's fine. I pressed on one of his vlogs and he looked fine. That's what made me even worse. He's fine and I'm not. He never loved me. He used me. And I was stupid enough to let him.

Just as I was coming to the end of the video, he said something I didn't expect.

"And I won't be uploading for a while as something very personal has hit me and I need to recover. I don't know how long it will be; could be weeks or months. Who knows? But the person who knows, I didn't regret one bit of it."

He family smiled and ended the vlog. There wasn't even his outro. Was he aiming that at me? He must've. Well at least he didn't regret it. But he still didn't love me. I broke down even more and tried to sleep but it wasn't any use.

**

"L! Layla! Are you okay what's wrong?!" Someone shouted standing over me. I opened my eyes lazily to be greeted by Lily. What was she doing here? I frowned whilst she sat down next to me.

"Your mum rang. She told me what happened so I came over. I am so sorry for slapping you L. But why didn't you just tell me?"

I sighed and lifted myself up on to my headboard. Time to speak I guess.

"It's fine Lil don't worry about it. I totally deserved it anyway, I ditched you for Simon. Turns out he didn't even love me in the first place," I croaked. My eyes started filling up again so Lily pulled me in for a massive hug. I hugged back and cried. The tears just came flowing out like they have done for ages.

"So do you wanna talk about it? I mean what was he like eh? Simon Minter?" She shrugged trying to lighten the mood. I tried to think of the good times with Simon. Ah there was so many.

"He would always say I was beautiful. He would make me feel better about myself. He is the best kisser and cuddler. He's perfect Lil," I faintly smiled. That smile has been the first smile I had done in for ages. I had finally learnt how to smile again.

"So are we friends again?" I asked after our gossip session. I have missed Lily so much. She is my best friend and I need her. I should've told her from the start. Lily nodded as we hugged again. I smiled during the hug. I've got my best friend back. That's one good thing ey?

"Look L, I have to go, but I'll see you tomorrow? I'll come after school. Everyday till your better," she smiled. I nodded and waved her goodbye. I smiled to myself over what had just happened.

Just as it's Monday and everyone had to go back to school I thought I'd try and lighten the mood and update.

Thank you so much for your feedback/ comments for my previous chapter. And we're almost on 7k reads!! That is mental I'm so grateful thank you!!

Keep up the comments and votes please ❤️

Ellaaaa x